Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Australia Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset - Not detecting RERA's
RE: Australia Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset - Not detecting RERA's
I am reading this differently than you:
Quote:"Respiratory Effort Related Arousals (RERA) reporting is available on the AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her in all modes. Available in the AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her device.
I read that as it IS available on the for her, but it doesn't say it's ONLY available on the for her.  Semantics.....

The AS10 Autoset (US) detects RERA when you have them.  If it has never been detected then you will not see any info about it.  After one is detected then you will always see stats even if they are zero.  So it's likely that you may not have had an episode that the machine considered a RERA yet.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
According to Resmed customer support (on the phone to now) the Australian versions DON'T do RERA reporting.

... I bought and received a copy of Rescan... I can't believe that to open Resmed Rescan you have to enter in your computers username and password. WTF? that's the worst practice ever. I am not entering in my username and password into a third party application. That is some bad practice programming.
Post Reply Post Reply
And that is why AB offers older version of resscan that does not require a password.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine shows RERAs. I’ve assumed it’s Australian, perhaps an import?
As mentioned, the point is moot as RERA detection in particular is not very good.
Post Reply Post Reply
I understand - it’s hard to compare based on what the machine gives you in the form of data, there wasn’t a night where my RERA’s in the Philips wasn’t below and index of 2, so I just wanted to see the comparison but either I haven’t Ahad what resmed detects as an RERA (unlikely knowing my history) or it doesn’t pick them up for whatever reason (checked ResScan and the it doesn’t show there either) could be a good sign / might not be, so looking at other measures my saturation was much lower than normal and had more than double the “normal” Oxygen drops above 4% and I feel excessively bloated - deciding to keep this or go back to the Philips is going to be subjective.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 106 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,837 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 119 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 44 1,290 04-05-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: Pawpri
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 123 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 187 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 978 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.