Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Australia Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset - Not detecting RERA's
Australia Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset - Not detecting RERA's
Hi,

Does anyone know if Australian Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset actually picks up / infers RERA's?

I had a Philips DreamStation until 2 days ago as I sent it back for warranty review and bought a Resmed Airsense 10 (serial number starting 2220...) - so the machine is only 2 days old and I am sure the below is a RERA, but there is no flags in the Oscar for it. 

Below is an example of one I think I found in oscar but it wasn't flagged by the machine.

[attachment=23964]

[attachment=23965]

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Australia Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset - Not detecting RERA's
This is why I sent the Philips back

[attachment=23966]

[attachment=23967]
Post Reply Post Reply
My Autoset shows up RERAs. It's Australian.
It's detection can be off at times, I've seen flow rates like yours not flag a RERA and then also RERAs being flagged when they clearly are not.
My approach was to use OSCAR analysis, along with EPR and raising the minimum pressure until the RERAs disappear for the flow rates. I pretty much ignore the event recording, it's kind useful but can be misleading.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, mind if I ask what your serial number starts with? mines 2220. 

The Resmed Clinician I just spoke to said that the Australian Airsense Autoset 10 doesn't detect RERA's - only the For Her version records RERA
Post Reply Post Reply
Without an EEG, the machines can only use rough heuristics to guess on RERAs. 

I wouldn't worry about this too much, nor rely on it if you do find it "works."
Caveats: I'm just a patient, with no medical training.
Post Reply Post Reply
That’s what I’ve decided, I can infer it from the data & the oximeter data, but the RERA’s from the Philips machine I was having was / is misleading which is why I was looking for it
Post Reply Post Reply
In Australia at least;

The documentation on the website is confusing, you go to the Airsense 10 Autoset page and the Functional Spec say "Airsense 10 Autoset For Her" as a title and says it has RERA detection.

https://www.resmed.com/au/en/healthcare-professional/products/devices/airsense-10-autoset.html

BUT

The documentation I can find about the algorithm that the Autoset 10 uses, does not record RERA's unless you are on the "For Her" machine
https://www.resmed.com/au/en/healthcare-professional/airsolutions/innovation-and-technology.html

AND

Also the "Clinician guide" states RERA is only available in the "For Her" version.

https://www.resmed.com.au/hubfs/downloadable-files/airsense-10-autoset-afh-elite-cpap-clinical-guide-apac-eng.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
@Primalyogi, the info on the website it confusing.  I may have missed it but I didn't see where it said it's ONLY the For Her model, just that it's available in the for her model.

And the clinicians manual you linked to (page 9):
Quote:Respiratory effort related arousals reporting Respiratory Effort Related Arousals (RERA) reporting is available on the AirSense 10 AutoSet, AutoSet for Her and Elite in all modes. RERAs are periods of increasing respiratory effort which are terminated by an arousal. Increasing respiratory effort will be seen as airflow limitation.These flow-based RERA events are logged and stored as summary and/or detailed data and can then be viewed in one of ResMed's patient management systems.

So that says it's available on 3 different models, Elite, AS, AS for her.  Seems like ResMed needs better proofreaders.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have this problem. No RERAs recorded on the regular Autoset and there is no tab for RERAs on the summary at the left of the OSCAR screen (I'd assume there would be one there even when there were no RERAs at that session. It would show as RERAs:0 Also, no RERAs on VAuto.

I have a hard time understanding why Resmed still sells the Airsense 10 Autoset, while the Autoset for her has more options, is sold at roughly the same price, and is exactly the same hardware with just minimal change at the software. They should have updated all the Autosets with the for her options long time ago and just sold the for her for visual reasons.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I just got off the phone with someone from Resmed.

Australian Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset - does NOT do RERA reporting

That is in contrast to the documentation in the clinicians guide https://www.resmed.com.au/hubfs/download...ac-eng.pdf that says (page 9)

1. "Respiratory Effort Related Arousals (RERA) reporting is available on the AirSense 10 AutoSet, AutoSet for Her and Elite in all modes."
But the following says its only available on the "For Her" machine

1. https://www.resmed.com/au/en/healthcare-...ology.html - states that 
"Respiratory Effort Related Arousals (RERA) reporting is available on the AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her in all modes. Available in the AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her device."

HOWEVER

I got this email from Resmed as well... so I am so confused,

Hi XXX,

Yes the machines to detect RERAs the reports that it gives on the machine are summaries and condensed reports. If you wanted a detail report from your machine you will need to contact your supplier and they can register you on the myAir cloud. This is where all the detail data is stored or you can purchase ResScan which is a program that can read your SD card in your machine. If your supplier of your machine do not use the Airview system then call us at 1800 737 633 and we will need your Serial Number and Device number (found on the barcode sticker of your device) to register your machine into the server

https://shop.resmed.com.au/resscan-version-6-0-software/
 - if you prefer to monitor yourself this is the link to purchase the program

Thanks for picking up the error on the Airsense 10 page aswell. I have informed the website team to make sure that there is no further confusion.

Thanks,

[http://www.rmdassets.com/ag-test/sign_gen/img/resmed-logo-final.png]

Kristian Jimenez
Consumer Care Representative
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,401 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Question [Equipment] What Is Autoset (ResMed) 10 and Can It Be Disabled? Rickyricardo 2 49 3 hours ago
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 131 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,959 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 134 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 133 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 198 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.