Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Australian Health Card holders (pensioners)
Good old QLD 'beautiful one day...... and chaos the next.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(05-08-2017, 07:47 AM)sirgaw Wrote: Thank you both for your replies.

I've got extras cover on private health insurance (expensive!!!!!) and qualify for a $500 rebate per claim - maximum is $800.

Reading the link sent, the SWEP seems to be for those in the Ballarat and region - I'm in Melbourne, so no good. The Centrelink is a good one and so too is the local public hospital idea - thanks again.

One Melb supplier offers a re-conditioned unit package - any comments please.

Still early days for me - thanks again

Hi David
You'll be using the machine for many years to come, don't waste money on re-conditioned unknown CPAP at any price, with the rebate from your private insurance, you can get the best auto data capable machine, something like this ... http://www.resmed.com/au/en/consumer/pro...toset.html or "for Her" version from Australia as machines bought from overseas don't qualify for the rebate. There is no rebate for masks, hoses, and other accessories, I get those from Supplier #10, both suppliers #2 and #10 ship overseas. Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2017, 05:57 AM)sirgaw Wrote: T Also the subsidy has increased to $152 per year, which seems a good deal for those who qualify. Anyone know the cost of running a CPAP machine over a year please?

CPAP motor are three phases, these are controlled by a "variable frequency drive", not voltage.

The important of a CPAP is the motor and it consumes very little W, today I checked the consumption of my machine without connecting Humidifier at a fixed pressure of 8cmh2o:
in inspiration 0.360 Amp (50% Time) or 4 Wats,
in expiration the A flex reduces consumption to 0,160 Amp (50% Time) or 1.9 Wats/h
6 divided by 2 = 3 Wats at 8 cm H2O.

If you are 18 cmH2O consider the consumption of its motor 6 or 7 Wats/h the rest of the power of 90 W source is to feed the humidifier and heated hose.

Although it never works continuously, it connects intermittently and the average consumption low enough, I assure you that those 152.00 dollars will cover the electrical consumption of your cpap.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again to ALL who have contributed - much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Health] have health? thirsty870 4 151 02-04-2018, 12:47 PM
Last Post: thirsty870
Money Australian & NZ members - Resmed offering a special DeepBreathing 8 956 01-27-2018, 05:19 AM
Last Post: SIRSnoralot
  Sleep doco on Australian TV Saturday dwd1249 0 135 01-04-2018, 02:37 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  ASV treatment working - Health hasn't improved. HitAus 8 270 12-27-2017, 10:35 PM
Last Post: Boodmaster
  [News] Sleep Apnea effects on Cardiovascular health, Metabolism Dawnstar 10 815 12-05-2017, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Cpapian
  Rating your Sleep Physician or Health Care Professional zzzZorro 29 903 11-20-2017, 09:14 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Gominak on vitamins, gut health, and sleep tmoody 3 287 10-13-2017, 02:00 PM
Last Post: chill