Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Australian Medicare support for CPAP ?
RE: Australian Medicare support for CPAP ?
Hiya Poppy

You have to press ctrl + cmd and click on sleepyhead and an option to open or not will appear. It is Apple's inbuilt system to stop unwanted downloads.

I had that same problem too.....

Once open, with SD card reader via USB stick or other, download SD card info with Sleepyhead. Unless of course your MacAIr has SD card reader-mine dose not.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There should be no taxes on medical equipment Sad
Please google cpap machine australia tax import .. or something similar...
If its marked medical equipment / cpap machine .. shouldn't even be stopped for duty consideration.
You can buy a cheap adapter or a whole cable, its like a computer notebook cable that goes into the power adapted / brick.

Good Luck
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2017, 05:03 AM)Apnea Infant Wrote: Hiya Poppy

You have to press ctrl + cmd and click on sleepyhead and an option to open or not will appear. It is Apple's inbuilt system to stop unwanted downloads.

Once open, with SD card reader via USB stick or other, download SD card info with Sleepyhead. Unless of course your MacAIr has SD card reader-mine dose not.

Thanks so much.  Iv managed to open sleepyhead and put my details in.  As you say there is no SD card reader so I'll have to work out how to get it onto a USB and then over to my mac!  

Thanks so much
Poppy  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2017, 05:05 AM)Zeddy Wrote: There should be no taxes on medical equipment Sad
Please google cpap machine australia tax import .. or something similar...
If its marked medical equipment / cpap machine .. shouldn't even be stopped for duty consideration.
You can buy a cheap adapter or a whole cable, its like a computer notebook cable that goes into the power adapted / brick.

Good Luck

There is no tax on CPAP machines in Australia, just a handling fee for Customs, who need to examine the package and make sure it is what it claims to be.
Post Reply Post Reply
For what it's worth, my 2 cents ...
Supplier #2 sells used and new machines, used machines are cleaned, comes with 1 year warranty, new water tank/hoses, 
some with low hours
You don't want older machines, for ResMed machines, you want S9 AutoSet or AirSense 10 AutoSet/AutoSet for Her
Do get the the Climate Line tubing (heated hose), if not included
You'll need plug adapter or Aussie S8 power cord (got mine from #13), which can be used with either S9 or A10 power brick instead the ones that comes with the machine from US
Some used machine doesn't come with an SD card, you can get a new card quite cheaply, 2Gb card will be fine
I get supplies, masks cushions, tubes, water tanks, etc from Supplier #10

For newbies, local support is important, someone who is kind and can helps with masks fittings and choosing the right mask through trial and error. The right mask is essential for successful therapy, attitude and perseverance are important too
Best of luck, keep us informed, the forum support is also important
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2017, 06:05 AM)Popsicals Wrote:

Thanks so much.  Iv managed to open sleepyhead and put my details in.  As you say there is no SD card reader so I'll have to work out how to get it onto a USB and then over to my mac!  

Thanks so much
Poppy  Thanks

There are USB sticks which are SD readers. My daughter got one online for me. think it cost her £3.50. It is great as this makes it easy for me to download pictures from my camera etc etc.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do not understand why Resmed machines are so expensive in Oz-the home of Resmed.

The Airsense 10 APAP with humidifier costs £670 online here in the UK. I paid £128 for a climate line hose and nasal pillows. So, at a conversion of 1.27 today the total is £1013 approx.

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Do not understand why Resmed machines are so expensive in Oz-the home of Resmed.

It's called corporate greed and rapaciousness. It's a small market with limited competition. And because they are selling medical equipment many of the normal laws about retail price maintenance don't apply. They pick and choose who can sell their machines and have restrictive contracts with them. CPAP dealers try to bring in Chinese machines at low price but run the risk of Resmed cancelling their contract if the competition get too fierce.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2017, 07:04 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: There is no tax on CPAP machines in Australia, just a handling fee for Customs, who need to examine the package and make sure it is what it claims to be.

I must have been lucky that there was no charge for this when I bought mine Dont-know
For what's it worth, I got my ResMed S10 AirSense AutoSet CPAP with EPR and HumidAir Heated Humidifier from Supplier #2.
Shipped through USPS International Express.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2017, 11:12 AM)Apnea Infant Wrote:
(06-10-2017, 06:05 AM)Popsicals Wrote:

Thanks so much
Poppy  Thanks

There are USB sticks which are SD readers. My daughter got one online for me. think it cost her £3.50. It is great as this makes it easy for me to download pictures from my camera etc etc.

Thanks so much - that would be great - also for downloads from camera for me.  Thanks alot Poppy x
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare and Sleep Apnea Equipment chzuck 12 224 04-10-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  CPAP and Medicare and yearly Rx renewal silverchief2 8 272 04-08-2024, 06:58 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed Tech Support Jeremy H 11 1,431 03-20-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 215 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 652 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 250 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  High Pressure Support / EPR r4robin 3 451 02-16-2024, 08:01 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.