Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leaking reduced but events up?
Leaking reduced but events up?
I use an Amara Full View mask. My leaking is down (on myair.com) but events up.  When i was using a nasal mask my leakage was 40 to 60 but events low.  Any ideas why?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Leaking reduced but events up?
(01-26-2018, 09:02 PM)Solar Rays Wrote: I use an Amara Full View mask. My leaking is down (on myair.com) but events up.  When i was using a nasal mask my leakage was 40 to 60 but events low.  Any ideas why?

You may wish to download #Sleepyhead and review flow and pressure data with respect to leaks to examine potential relationships between the parameters.

I cannot rely on MyAir with any degree of confidence for specifics -- only trends.  

Did you recheck your mask settings when you switched masks?

Here's to a great night's sleep for a better tomorrow.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
You may find that the mask leaks caused your machine to be unable to detect the events as the machine is doing its detection down at the blower and leaks will reduce the flow detection. But do download Sleepyhead for more data than you can shake a stick at
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I will check out Sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2018, 09:02 PM)Solar Rays Wrote: I use an Amara Full View mask. My leaking is down (on myair.com) but events up.  When i was using a nasal mask my leakage was 40 to 60 but events low.  Any ideas why?

Which events does it say are up?
AHI, Centrals or what?

Sometimes when you crack the leaks it means more pressure or constant pressure, this can lead to centrals but it may be others that are up.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-27-2018, 01:59 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: You may find that the mask leaks caused your machine to be unable to detect the events as the machine is doing its detection down at the blower and leaks will reduce the flow detection. But do download Sleepyhead for more data than you can shake a stick at

That as well.
You really need to post data charts.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 359 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 342 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,395 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Central events while falling asleep michaelyu15 7 264 03-20-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: michaelyu15
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 117 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 176 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Why does my clear airway events keep increasing? deirdrepen 3 267 03-12-2024, 02:37 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.