Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Australians - importing from USA - experiences?
RE: Australians - importing from USA - experiences?
Hi Bernie - I bought my Resmed Airsense 10, heated hose, headgear and mask from Supplier #10 and saved a bundle. From memory there is an inescapable additional $80 import fee that needs to be paid up front, but the supplier phoned me up unprompted and walked me through the process. Easy.
15 months later and the machine has had no probs, so lack of warranty here has not been an issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
The only new issue is Scott Morrison's ludicrous GST grab from overseas websites and you may have to pay the supplier the GST.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2019, 05:05 AM)holden4th Wrote: The only new issue is Scott Morrison's ludicrous GST grab from overseas websites and you may have to pay the supplier the GST.

Medical supplies and devices are tax exempt.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2019, 07:51 PM)midvalleyguy Wrote: Don't think it wise for me to risk a purchase from them if email is problematic.

I have been using them for years, never had a problem. I ordered supplies (headgear and cushions) on boxing day and they arrived on Jan 7th. I got my new machine last year on Australia Day.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-13-2019, 10:50 PM)nathanoj Wrote: From memory there is an inescapable additional $80 import fee that needs to be paid up front,

Fedex and DHL charge the customs processing fee even it isn't charged to them. USPS doesn't and on my last order I used Mail Innovations International Postal and didn't get charged.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got my AS10 from supplier 10 Dec 2015 and since then have bought other things from them. Always been good and never had a problem with email.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-14-2019, 05:37 AM)GoodnightWalter Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 05:05 AM)holden4th Wrote: The only new issue is Scott Morrison's ludicrous GST grab from overseas websites and you may have to pay the supplier the GST.

Medical supplies and devices are tax exempt.

Now that is good to know, thank you for posting that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got my machine from Supplier #33.
Got the "for her" model for a few extra bucks over the normal, just incase I ever need that setting.

Shipping was amazingly fast. Ordered it 3am last Tuesday, and got it on Thursday. 3 Days is incredible. Smile
Being medical, no GST is applied, and as it just under $1000, not customs tax to pay either.
Mask and machine was about $980AUD, with shipping it was about $1105 I think.

Very happy with them, and would recommend anyone looking for a machine without insurance to take at look at them. Thumbs-up-2

Don't care too much about the US modem as I use sleepyhead, but it does appear to get a signal with 5 bars. It would be nice if it did work, incase I find a decent sleep Dr so he is able to log in an check the data or change settings as required. I do recall reading something about Vodaphone doing a deal with Resmed for the data to work. I would guess the modem is talking to some network, hence the 5 bars, so Dont-know .

Managed to find someone to swap a size S cushion for a size M on facebook which is nice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Everytime I see the subject line of this thread, I get a bad case of the giggles.

I don't understand why there would be an issue with importing Australians from USA. Is your visa just one way?

Yeah, I ain't right, bless my heart.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2019, 11:28 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Everytime I see the subject line of this thread, I get a bad case of the giggles.

I don't understand why there would be an issue with importing Australians from USA.

Just as long as they have low run hours and are from non-smoking households ...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 669 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Importing Wellue Data Efficiently on Windows spudhorse 5 489 12-19-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,581 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Equipment] Any experiences with Ventmed VM8 or other Ventmed devices? Bhante 2 542 08-13-2023, 01:21 AM
Last Post: Bhante
  [Treatment] MBRP experiences? JonathanG 0 390 06-16-2023, 07:16 AM
Last Post: JonathanG
  Importing data from Contec CMS50c to Oscar Crickets 3 589 05-19-2023, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Experiences with Cheyne Stokes? Jacklinn 4 867 12-26-2022, 09:22 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.