Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Australians - importing from USA - experiences?
RE: Australians - importing from USA - experiences?
I went with a dropshipper from US via Australia. Got two masks of my choice and the Autoset 10 for about 1800 including shipping from the US. Took 4 days to get here DHL express. Perfectly happy.
Warranty a bit dicey in that they'll honour it but it has to be sent to Sydney, then they send it to US for whatever has to happen. So I'd be without a machine for that.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have just today picked up my brand new Resmed A10 from a local supplier (Bondi Junction in Sydney) at a price that after I get my health fund rebate is comparable with importing from the USA or Canada. Paid AUD$1650 for the A10 and AUD$200 for a Brevida mask total AUD$1850 ( US$1436) and I should get AUD$700 back from my health insurance so will be AUD$1150 (US$890) out of pocket.

This supplier is not yet on the suppliers list but I have asked for them to be added, at which point in time I will update here with their list number.
They are a fully accredited Resmed seller who are NOT associated in any way with a clinic or doctor, carry lots of stock and were very pleasant and easy to deal with.I am  thankful I can deal locally and not have the worry of importing a machine with the attendant worry of loss/damage/duties etc.

Thanks to all who commented; I hope this info helps someone too.
Regards, Bernie.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2018, 11:42 PM)bernie01 Wrote: I have just today picked up my brand new Resmed A10 from a local supplier (Bondi Junction in Sydney) at a price that after I get my health fund rebate is comparable with importing from the USA or Canada. Paid AUD$1650 for the A10 and AUD$200 for a Brevida mask total AUD$1850 ( US$1436) and I should get AUD$700 back from my health insurance so will be AUD$1150 (US$890) out of pocket.

This supplier is not yet on the suppliers list but I have asked for them to be added, at which point in time I will update here with their list number.
They are a fully accredited Resmed seller who are NOT associated in any way with a clinic or doctor, carry lots of stock and were very pleasant and easy to deal with.I am  thankful I can deal locally and not have the worry of importing a machine with the attendant worry of loss/damage/duties etc.

Thanks to all who commented; I hope this info helps someone too.
Regards, Bernie.

glad to hear you're sorted.
sounds like your insurance made a difference.
for those of us without insurance, importing from USA is still a lot cheaper.
option 1 - buy cpap machine on amazon.
if they don't ship to Oz, open an auspost account, add international shipping address in oregan.
ship machine to oregan, auspost forwards to OZ (sounds hard, but if i can do it.....)
warranty? i can 3 machines from USA for the price in OZ, so i don't care.
option 2  - go on holiday to USA, buy a machine while you're there, same total price.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bernie, well done of obtaining that machine. Please post the name of the supplier - that is allowed under the forum rules, but don't post a link or internet address. Can you also let us know who your insurer is, as that is a good rebate (compared to HBF and Medibank Private etc).
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the comments.. The vendor was NSW CPAP at Bondi Junction. They are a Resmed accredited reseller, in fact one of the biggest in NSW if not Australia. My health insurance is with Peoplecare (formerly Lysaghts Peoplecare) and they actually refunded me AUD$800 so I am only AUD$1050 out of pocket! Very happy on all counts.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good stuff.. and thanks for the name of the place in Bondi. 
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
I've bought both my machines from the US, a brand new Intellipap II auto from seller #29 and a secondhand Respironics auto from seller #2, both arrived with a week and at a fraction of the price compared to local Aussie prices. In fact the Intellipap II STILL isn't available from distributors in Oz.
I have the Respironics at home and the Intellipap in our camper.
I also buy masks and hoses when #29 has promo's on.
Post Reply Post Reply
I didn't realise that I could name the vendor.

I have always purchased my PAP equipment from the US because it is so much cheaper to do so. This includes masks and parts. However, once you add shipping into the equation and the $AUS/$US exchange rate for a $US40 nasal pillow from Supplier #29 it will cost you close to $AUS83.00 and you have to wait for the goods to come from the US.

I got my last set of nasal pillows from an Australian company called the CPAP Depot for a total of $74 including shipping and they were there in four days. It was the genuine article and I will use this company in future. Unfortunately that bargain doesn't carry over to machines but for parts it's now my go to company.

Maybe the moderators might consider adding this company to the list of suppliers for us Aussies.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2018, 02:31 AM)holden4th Wrote: Maybe the moderators might consider adding this company to the list of suppliers for us Aussies.

I don't do this for just anyone, Whistle  but I've passed your request up the ladder for consideration. Until then, enjoy the show. . .
Banana Banana Banana Banana
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update: OpalRose was kind enough to remind me that a poll needs to be setup in the Advisory Members Forum and voted on by Advisory Members.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 775 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Importing Wellue Data Efficiently on Windows spudhorse 5 524 12-19-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,648 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Equipment] Any experiences with Ventmed VM8 or other Ventmed devices? Bhante 2 574 08-13-2023, 01:21 AM
Last Post: Bhante
  [Treatment] MBRP experiences? JonathanG 0 435 06-16-2023, 07:16 AM
Last Post: JonathanG
  Importing data from Contec CMS50c to Oscar Crickets 3 622 05-19-2023, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Experiences with Cheyne Stokes? Jacklinn 4 908 12-26-2022, 09:22 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.