Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Autmatic on/off
Autmatic on/off
My ResMed AirSense10 turns on automatically when I begin to breathe, but it does not turn off...reliably...when I disconnect the mask. Ideas?''

bobmrg
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Autmatic on/off
Hi bobmrg,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question, good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Auto-on works with most masks. Auto-off only seems to work when you disconnect the hose from the mask, not just removing the mask. Since I don't disconnect from the hose, I just press the off switch.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply, but that's not the case for me. I detach the hose from the mask every time; occasionally the air will stop after 15 seconds or so, but more often when I return from a bathroom break or whatever the hose is just lying there hissing at me. For awhile I thought that the machine was sensing moisture in the hose and would blow air until the moisture content reached a minimum, but I no longer think that that is the case.

I guess it is power switch forever.

Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
I can not reply about your machine but on the PR system one. I have tried their auto on and off and have found that it does not work the best, especially the auto off. The off feature runs almost for 2 minutes before it does turn off, which is probably a safety feature. I do not think they want it to turn off during a long apnea and that is why it takes so long. I use this feature for drying my hose after cleaning it. They auto on does not seem to sense my breathing right away and sometimes I have to breathe very strong for it to be sensed. I do not use the auto on for that reason.

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
See this thread:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ff-Problem
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I guess that I am not the Lone Ranger.
Post Reply Post Reply
I switch from pillows to mask every now and then. My Dreamstation Auto On seemed to have trouble with the nasal pillows, but works great with the mask. Probably something to do with the less restricted airflow in the mask making it easier for the sensors in the CPAP to trigger. I don't use auto-off. If I get up or need to turn it off, it's an easy reach.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a Resmed Airsense 10, with a F&P Simplus mask, and it automatically starts when I put the mask on, and stops when I remove the mask, after about 5 seconds.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used both the dreamstation auto and the airsense 10 auto set.  Couldn't get auto off to work on either, so I shut it off.  The off button works flawlessly  Wink
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.