Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Trouble with Resmed Airsense 11 Climate settings
Question 
Trouble with Resmed Airsense 11 Climate settings
Hi Everyone!

I bought a Resmed climate line for my AS 11 and I very much like it. I had trouble with rainout when I chose manual settings but the auto mode ran great. Unfortunately on auto, it will reduce the humidity so much that I wake up coughing. Dont-know Is there any way to set a minimum humidity for auto? Otherwise I'm not sure what temp to set it to to prevent rainout.

Thanks for your help
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trouble with Resmed Airsense 11 Climate settings
Are you using the Heated tube? If not, I HIGHLY recommend it.

With the standard (unheated) tube, the AS11 limits humidity to reduce rainout. Adding the heated tube therefore not only reduces rainout, but also increases humidity level - because the machine knows it can increase humidity and still control condensation by heating the tube.

With the standard tube, I was having rainout on “auto” even with a tube cover, and overnight only about 15-20% of the water was consumed. I switched to the heated tube, still on “auto”, and it used about 80% of the tank with very little rainout. I went to “manual” for tube temp only (left “climate” at auto) and raised the tube temp a few degrees to eliminate the rainout. Very comfortable now.

If you are already using a heated tube…. Try setting tube temp to manual and increasing the temp. Alternatives are a tube cover or increasing room temp. But based on your description, it sounds similar to the issues I had when using the unheated tube.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck!

I'm afraid I have had poor results with my own 11. I have no idea why, but it seems incapable of delivering adequate humidity without rainout, even with the heated tube and insulation. I find rainout more bothersome than dryness, though that does nevertheless lead to some disturbed nights, so I lean toward a lower humidity setting than is ideal from a comfort POV.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was just going to post this same thing but instead of coughing my nasal passages are so stuffy I can't breathe. I am using an AirTouch f20 mask. My humidity is set at 2, my hose temp is at 76 and my pressure is set between 4-16. I see people posting about using nasal sprays but I shouldn't need a drug to breathe when I just need to adjust something on my machine. I feel your frustration!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2021, 12:40 AM)ScottZZZ Wrote: Are you using the Heated tube?  If not, I HIGHLY recommend it.

With the standard (unheated) tube, the AS11 limits humidity to reduce rainout.  Adding the heated tube therefore not only reduces rainout, but also increases humidity level - because the machine knows it can increase humidity and still control condensation by heating the tube.

With the standard tube, I was having rainout on “auto” even with a tube cover, and overnight only about 15-20% of the water was consumed.  I switched to the heated tube, still on “auto”, and it used about 80% of the tank with very little rainout.  I went to “manual” for tube temp only (left “climate” at auto) and raised the tube temp a few degrees to eliminate the rainout.  Very comfortable now.

If you are already using a heated tube….  Try setting tube temp to manual and increasing the temp.  Alternatives are a tube cover or increasing room temp.  But based on your description, it sounds similar to the issues I had when using the unheated tube.

Thank you for your advice. Unfortunately I am using the heated tube. Luckily last night I had my settings a little better. I set the humidity at four at temperature at 85 (and set my machine on the floor). I didn't get any rain out.

(12-17-2021, 09:19 AM)Sleepygrl Wrote: I was just going to post this same thing but instead of coughing my nasal passages are so stuffy I can't breathe. I am using an AirTouch f20 mask. My humidity is set at 2, my hose temp is at 76 and my pressure is set between 4-16. I see people posting about using nasal sprays but I shouldn't need a drug to breathe when I just need to adjust something on my machine. I feel your frustration!!

Two sides of the same coin. Last night I actually got a decent night's sleep! Big Grin Two sounds too low if you're congested like me (bad allergies). My humidity is a minimum of four (when auto is off) and my pressure is 11 when I'm congested. Maybe that would help. Last night I set it to 4 humidity, 11 pressure and 85 degrees and it worked great. No congestion or rain out. I wish I didnt need to put it on the floor though. I hope your settings work out for you soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-17-2021, 03:56 AM)StevesSp Wrote: Good luck!

I'm afraid I have had poor results with my own 11. I have no idea why, but it seems incapable of delivering adequate humidity without rainout, even with the heated tube and insulation. I find rainout more bothersome than dryness, though that does nevertheless lead to some disturbed nights, so I lean toward a lower humidity setting than is ideal from a comfort POV.

Ugh it's so tedious. I definitely prefer dry to rainout except it triggers asthma attacks for me. Last night I actually had good sleep! I turned my humidity to four and temperature to 85, and I set my machine on the floor. It worked really well, not a lick of rainout. I hope this helps. Honestly I'm surprised it went well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 80 Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,460 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 10 16,998 Yesterday, 10:13 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 138 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Trouble staying asleep with CPAP sarahsleeps 46 2,146 04-12-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,999 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 136 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.