Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Auto CPAP sensor rises to the highest range immediately. How to fix? What's broken?
RE: Auto CPAP sensor rises to the highest range immediately. How to fix? What's broken?
All masks have a vent of some type. In your case they are in the 90 degree swivel connection between the mask and the hose. It has very small holes around its outward facing circumference.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Auto CPAP sensor rises to the highest range immediately. How to fix? What's broken?
Not on the P10. There is no elbow, and on the current version no visible holes, just a fine mesh built into the frame.

- Neelix
Post Reply Post Reply
That mesh is the intentional vent/leak/holes, and honestly the secret to the P10's quietness.
When I started using the P10 my wife kept waking me up because she couldn't hear me breathing like she was able to before. That sure didn't help my sleep ;-)
Post Reply Post Reply
My statement was based on the F20 and F30, which I presumed they were discussing.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Someone else had a P10 that wasnt venting and caused troubles.  The mesh got wet and plugged itself up, if I recall right.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another thought - hook the hose up to the machine but with no mask. Hold your palm very tight on the "mask end" of the hose. Any leaks? Does pressure go to max? I'm thinking maybe there is a small hole in the hose or where the hose meets the end connector.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2021, 10:32 PM)clownbell Wrote: Another thought  - hook the hose up to the machine but with no mask. Hold your palm very tight on the "mask end" of the hose. Any leaks? Does pressure go to max? I'm thinking maybe there is a small hole in the hose or where the hose meets the end connector.

Yes when I do that it goes to max right away. 

Btw, I noticed that attached to the hose is a black cylinder object that says "Q-Tube" on the outside with foam padding inside. Is that supposed to washed or soaked in water when you wash the hose? If not, I was wondering if maybe the foam layer got wet and then the water went into the CPAP which caused it to malfunction?

Fortunately the machine is doing better now and no longer goes to max right away. It seems to function more normally now. So I wonder if there wsa some temporary water damage?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Tidal Volume Acceptable Range trance 12 3,419 03-02-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What should my pressure range be? tomkelly 4 419 01-09-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  FYI: A11 has an acoustic diagnostic sensor Gideon 5 2,849 10-15-2023, 03:56 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  [Diagnosis] AHI scores - what sort of range do people have? p123 4 505 10-14-2023, 09:49 AM
Last Post: jstro84
  Dreamstation LCD Backlight Broken FatSleeper15 0 335 09-19-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: FatSleeper15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.