Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Auto-CPAP settings - bad?
RE: Auto-CPAP settings - bad?
Oh thanks. Rather embarrassing when people at work say. .., ' Your nose looks so sore.' Makeup does only so much. I tried lotions but that doesn't work. Thank you though. I have the humidity on too. The pressure seems high and to exhale , I have to make myself relax. Can settings be set to exhale easier?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, that is the AFlex or CFlex/CFlex+ setting. The setting can be off, 1, 2, or 3. The numeric value indicates the reduction in pressure (in cmH2O) for exhale. Enabling/disabling the AFlex setting is done in the clinician's menu. If AFlex is enabled and the AFlex setting is not locked in the clinician's menu, it is settable in the user menus. In fact, it has it's own top-level menu. It is the top-right box in your main menu.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a similar problem with nasal pillows.
My solution was a Sleepwever Élan mask. You can check it out at Supplier #1.

(07-28-2013, 04:54 PM)Lindy Wrote: Oh thanks. Rather embarrassing when people at work say. .., ' Your nose looks so sore.' Makeup does only so much. I tried lotions but that doesn't work. Thank you though. I have the humidity on too. The pressure seems high and to exhale , I have to make myself relax. Can settings be set to exhale easier?

Post Reply Post Reply
Is it usual to keep waking up about every 1to 2 hours when you have a cpap pressure changed? That 's what happens to me. I am exhausted to go to sleep and falling asleep is no issue but then I keep waking up.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lindy,
Your body is trying to get used to the new pressure settings. It should get better over time.
By the way, if you want to keep using your pillows mask, get some HPA Lanolin, (found in the baby isle of most stores,) and swav a "LITTLE" bit in your nostriles with a Q-Tip and that should help with the irritation and it just might give you a better seal as well. I hope this helps.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
My AHI level is down to 8 on my new settings. Doing better. Might not have to do a bipap. I heard that is somewhat difficult to adjust?
Post Reply Post Reply
Does anyone recommend taking a sleeping pill or Zeequil by Nyquil to help you stay asleep? I have been getting about 3 hours of rest a night. I wake up refreshed but feel exhausted later.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any kind of sleep medication is going to affect your treatment pressures. Typically, when "sedated", the soft palate will relax even more and therefore require even higher pressures to properly treat.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh OK. Won't want to make it worse. I just have to try harder to sleep. Thanks for the advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2013, 03:53 PM)Lindy Wrote: Does anyone recommend taking a sleeping pill or Zeequil by Nyquil to help you stay asleep? I have been getting about 3 hours of rest a night. I wake up refreshed but feel exhausted later.

Lindy, it's good your feeling refreshed but you also need 8 hours sleep, I hate recommending sleed meds to anyone, but try them for a couple of weeks till you get used to your CPAP then come off them, don't stay on them for more than a month.
After that if you need something try some over the counter sleep meds like valerian which is a herb. You probably need something to calm you while you are getting used to CPAP and changing pressures during the night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 224 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 444 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 259 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000
  [CPAP] BiLevel Settings From CPAP fstbiker 17 932 01-28-2024, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Settings Help as New CPAP User alienfrontier 7 471 01-18-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.