Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Auto EPAP algorithm reaction time for Aircurve ASV
RE: Auto EPAP algorithm reaction time for Aircurve ASV
FWIW SmartStart would work with the ASV Auto Mode, but as far as I can tell, it has settings for On or Off only. If on, the device will automatically turn on if breathing is detected through your mask and turn off shortly after mask removal.

PS just verified by turning on SmartStart, 2 short inhales via my F20 and the ASV started at my min 9 EPAP. 10 seconds after mask off machine shut off.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2019, 06:01 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You might be thinking of Philip's where the 90% pressure of the previous session is used as the starting pressure.  I think "Smartstart" is just the ability to start the machine when breathing is detected, and to turn off when the mask is removed.

Yes, that is exactly what I was thinking.  

Thank you!

So Michael, 

I guess your stuck with just creating fake resistance while breathing at startup until PS rises to the desired level and hold that fake resistance as you warmly drift off into slumber.   Lol.

Ya, that sounds restful...

WillSleep

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SheepLess, this post has your name all over it.  

Michaely6,  

In another thread Sheepless were talking about trying an ASV experiment in another direction to reduce the negative impacts of the sometimes overly active ASV PS responsiveness.  

Based on the questions you opened the thread with you may have interest as well.  

So the intent was to see when using the ASV:
  • How much we could get EPAP to help out
  • Reduce negative effects from the Uber-responsive ASV PS algos 

So higher EPAP, lower PS configuration for the ASV, not perfect but reasonably good results toward the goal of creating a mellower ASV.  YMMV.  

This (give or take +/- 2cm H20 on Min EPAP and +/-1 cm H20 Min PS) was about as good as I saw it get.  
  • Yellow Highlights show the settings
  • Green Circles show good low chaos, lower than normal Resp Rate, Pressure & Flow Rate variability.  
  • Blue Circle shows where a super fast PS climb was intentionally stunted by the lower Max PS setting.  Often I see a PS climb zoom to a IPAP of 24 but these settings held it to an IPAP of 14.  On this day and a few others with low PS Max settings I have consistently seen I do not need PS to always fly fast up to an IPAP of 24.  
  • Also, the Blue Circle - notice that when using this stunted Max PS and the big Leak ended the ASV did not completely lose it's composure (the normal result) and cause a machine driven Apnea event.
  • PS still has some swing, as much as you it too to help with CAs, Flow Limits, etc., is more comfortable than always running a high PS and maybe less likely to cause CAs than a VAuto running a high PS.    
  • ASV still has a very narrow therapy focus that cause some issues so not recommending this path for general consumption or this as a "now you can switch to the ASV solution."   

Just sharing the results of the experiment.

WillSleep

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you I will definitely give it a try
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 7 97 3 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 56 858 Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Congested/painful itch reaction/face hotness upon use of CPAP Yeliad 6 162 04-15-2024, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Yeliad
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 104 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 985 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 149 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 687 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.