Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Jumpy and jittery?
RE: Jumpy and jittery?
(08-10-2018, 10:25 AM)Magally Wrote: I've had sleep apnea since I was 16.  They (family physicians) did not think much about it in 1976. 
Anyway, was officially diagnosed about 12 yrs ago.  I could not get adjusted to a mask, etc., and just stopped using it. 
I've only been using this new system 6 days....and I feel like I am going to jump out of my skin.  In fact, I feel downright nervous.  NOT complaining, though.
I have been waking up earlier and going to bed later.    Thinking-about  It's wonderful.  I hope the anxiousness is normal.  If so, I have been sleepwalking through life.

Hello Magally

Welcome to the ApneaBoard forum.

Did you mean 'by saying you feel like you are going to jump out of your skin' that you are full of beans and ready for action? I think you are saying that the therapy is working well and you  surprised by your new energy levels.

We all talk about brain fog before PAP therapy becoming successful. And yes, it did feel a bit like sleepwalking before. Perhaps with renewed energy you are able to 'feel' your tiredness before. Whereas previously you just could not feel?

In any case, it is fab to read your numbers have come right down and therapy has been successful so quickly, well done!!

Heres to it continuing....... all the very best.....do keep us posted.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much.  They have definitely come a long way over the years.  The first time I tried it, I had no luck and went through several masks.  I was waking up just as much with the noise.  I'm sure there will be some ups and down, but I am very please right now.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Magally, you are using a Philips bilevel machine at a fixed pressure of 10/6.0. You report your AHI has taken a big drop in just a few days and was recently less than 1 AHI. That result will likely result in better sleep and positively affect how your feel, but it may take some time for the improvement to be perceptible. The fact you are on a bilevel at low pressures suggests to me that much of your problem may have been flow limitation from upper airway restriction syndrome (UARS) and now that you are finally getting a different inhale and exhale pressure, you are able to finally treat not only the apnea, but the flow limitation.

It would be good if you can post some Sleepyhead detail charts and we can probably get a pretty good look at just how effective this is. Good luck, and glad to hear your therapy is going well.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
RE: Thank you SleepRider
I appreciate the info, and feel sure you are correct about in/out.  I have had a couple lung resections and think that may be some of the issue.  But, I can remember bolting up in bed (due to not breathing) when I was a teenager (in the 70's).  So I've always had the apnea, but it became worse over time.
I will try to get more info once I figure out all the software.  I did have a good weekend, according to the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Trepidation and unease is normal, as is feeling more "pep" each day as treatment settles in and starts to take effect. 

It is worth the effort to get everything sorted and adjusted to suit your comfort and needs.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Symptoms] Jumpy n Jittery Eddie702 3 3,978 08-02-2013, 06:59 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.