Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Auto-Trial –delivers CPAP therapy adjusting pressure 30days
Auto-Trial –delivers CPAP therapy adjusting pressure 30days
Available Therapy Modes
The REMstar Auto A-Flex device offers the following therapy modes:
• CPAP – This mode delivers Continuous Positive Airway Pressure; CPAP maintains a constant level of pressure throughout the breathing cycle.
• Auto-CPAP – This mode delivers CPAP therapy while automatically adjusting the pressure level to meet your needs.
• Auto-Trial – If available on your device, this mode delivers CPAP therapy while automatically adjusting the pressure level to meet your needs. Auto-Trial mode is limited to a specific number of days which is set by your physician. Once the set number of days has elapsed, your device will automatically transition to CPAP-Check mode.
CPAP-Check – If available on your device, this mode delivers CPAP therapy while automatically adjusting the pressure level to meet your needs. Pressure adjustments while in CPAP-Check mode are more gradual than those that occur in Auto-Trial mode and the amount of adjustment that can be made over time is limited.
Note provider guide manual available at below linkSmile
http://advancemedical.cl/pdf/PR-REMstar-...Manual.pdf
This has more detail on page 7 re Auto -Trial modes
http://www.ablecarehealth.com/Equipment-...oIQ%29.pdf[/u]

?? Is Auto Trail Mode gone for good after 30 days in use ? or are you able to re-select the Auto Mode Trail for another 3 to 30 day trial or does how did see some one post about resetting machine was an option of getting Auto trial mode back after 30 days ?? I see the users guide shows how to rest the machine /
I just dont want use the Auto trial mode till I know for sure but may test out the may CPAP-Check Mode which is similar I believe

I have only been using APAP machine for a Month,still adjusting to fine tune correct pressure settings noting being shift worker, sleep at various times day/ night and short periods 2hrs 3-4-5hrs etc and also the full night sleep " but wake up during same seams at least every hr ? and also presume has lot to do with being new to APAP machine and mask.

Do see the reset option Screen shows it allows you to erase all 7 and 30 day averages, compliance data, therapy hours and patient information on the device. Make sure that “Reset data” is highlighted on the info screen. Press and hold both the control wheel and the ramp button for at least 5 seconds. The device will beep once signifying that the data has been reset. and Notes:
Machine hours are not erased.http:
• Machine hours
- This screen displays the amount of time that the machine has been active over the life of the device.
Note:
Therapy hours and blower hours can be reset for new patients. Machine hours are not erased[/color]

Anyone have any experience with any of the above Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Auto-Trial –delivers CPAP therapy adjusting pressure 30days
Is this Auto-Trial Mode the same as what already have having an APAP machine ??
Post Reply Post Reply
ICEMAN,
Please fill out your profile with correct machine name. You are showing us provider manuals from different machines. I'm assuming you have an auto Cpap?

If Auto, what pressure range are you using? Put this in your profile.

Never used auto trial mode, but know it will give you the 90% pressure reading, then when trial is up will reset it to Cpap mode at that number.

I believe Auto Trial Mode is useful for those that want to use their machine with a constant pressure (Cpap mode).

What does Sleepyhead say your 90% pressure is?

And you don't want to use the reset option if you need to prove compliance.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Auto Trial and CPAP Check modes are designed for at-home titration. It's not necessary to use them if you are able to set your pressure based on the data from your machine.

(03-14-2016, 09:54 PM)ICEMAN Wrote: ?? Is Auto Trail Mode gone for good after 30 days in use ? or are you able to re-select the Auto Mode Trail for another 3 to 30 day trial or does how did see some one post about resetting machine was an option of getting Auto trial mode back after 30 days ?? I see the users guide shows how to rest the machine

You have a Remstar Auto machine, which allows unlimited use of the Auto Trial mode. The Remstar Pro machine also has the Auto Trial mode, but limited to 30 days' use. You can ignore what you read about resetting the trial because it doesn't apply to your machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2016, 06:21 AM)OpalRose Wrote: ICEMAN,
Please fill out your profile with correct machine name. You are showing us provider manuals from different machines. I'm assuming you have an auto Cpap?

If Auto, what pressure range are you using? Put this in your profile.

Never used auto trial mode, but know it will give you the 90% pressure reading, then when trial is up will reset it to Cpap mode at that number.

I believe Auto Trial Mode is useful for those that want to use their machine with a constant pressure (Cpap mode).

What does Sleepyhead say your 90% pressure is?

And you don't want to use the reset option if you need to prove compliance.

(03-15-2016, 03:28 PM)big_dave Wrote: The Auto Trial and CPAP Check modes are designed for at-home titration. It's not necessary to use them if you are able to set your pressure based on the data from your machine.

(03-14-2016, 09:54 PM)ICEMAN Wrote: ?? Is Auto Trail Mode gone for good after 30 days in use ? or are you able to re-select the Auto Mode Trail for another 3 to 30 day trial or does how did see some one post about resetting machine was an option of getting Auto trial mode back after 30 days ?? I see the users guide shows how to rest the machine

You have a Remstar Auto machine, which allows unlimited use of the Auto Trial mode. The Remstar Pro machine also has the Auto Trial mode, but limited to 30 days' use. You can ignore what you read about resetting the trial because it doesn't apply to your machine.

Thanks for your reply Opal "your a Gem" and you to Big Fella

Still adjusting my APAP started out at 4 now at 15 and has been open to max 20 since starting, but pressure doesn't auto peak much than 2 higher than the setting I have it setting on, leaves me to think pressure to low & slow to react to prevent apneas, each time raise pressure minimal on AHI result, is difficult to compare apples with apples as do shift work, sleeping @ various hours and with short periods 2,3, 4 hrs sleep during days / afternoons then still do get lucky for fully night sleeps. Looking to increase pressure again tonight as have 1 & 1/2 of week's of full night sleep going on so will to crank up pressure to 17 as loosing patients my last 90% was from full night sleeps and was @ 17% and maximum at 18.5%. Dont worry about using the cmfort setting Ramp or Flex etc, only Humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is there any way to reset the Auto-Trial on a CPAP version of the PR System One? I wonder if there is anything inside the machine that could be used to reset the blower hours and everything? There must be a CMOS battery to keep the date and such.
Post Reply Post Reply
• Reset data
- This screen allows you to erase all 7 and 30 day averages, compliance data, therapy hours and patient
information on the device. Make sure that “Reset data” is highlighted on the info screen. Press and hold both the control
wheel and the ramp button
for at least 5 seconds. The device will beep once signifying that the data has been reset.
Note:
Machine hours are not erased.
• Machine hours
- This screen displays the amount of time that the machine has been active over the life of the device.
Note:
Therapy hours and blower hours can be reset for new patients. Machine hours are not erased.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2016, 10:06 PM)DrBunya Wrote: Is there any way to reset the Auto-Trial on a CPAP version of the PR System One? I wonder if there is anything inside the machine that could be used to reset the blower hours and everything? There must be a CMOS battery to keep the date and such.

If you have the 460 pro, then I believe you are limited to a "total" of 30 days use in a-trial mode. I have no idea if resetting data will allow you to use a-trial again.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same machine as you. There was a loose page inserted in my user manual that explains how to reset Auto-Trial mode. It says that being able to reset auto-trial mode is a "new feature", so you'll have to check to see if your machine has the feature.

To reset the Auto-Trial function:

1. Enter Provider mode and navigate to the Info screen.

2. From the Info screen, select the Auto-Trial menu option.

3. Once in the Auto-Trial Info screen, you should see an option to "Reset Trial". The option will probably read "5". Once you've used up all 30 days of an Auto-Trial (or earlier if you want), you can reset this value to "4" to give you another 30 days.

To change the value, you highlight "Reset Trial" then press and hold both the control wheel and the ramp button for at least 5 seconds. The device will beep once signifying that the Trial Days have been reset to 30.

(09-23-2016, 10:06 PM)DrBunya Wrote: Is there any way to reset the Auto-Trial on a CPAP version of the PR System One? I wonder if there is anything inside the machine that could be used to reset the blower hours and everything? There must be a CMOS battery to keep the date and such.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 26 971 4 hours ago
Last Post: BKeeper
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 21 600 7 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 61 2,253 Yesterday, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  Therapy using Lumis 150 ST StuartC 135 7,145 Yesterday, 04:26 AM
Last Post: StuartC
  mallar's therapy thread mallar 4 81 03-17-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 203 8,288 03-17-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 13 698 03-16-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: marcinpiskala

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.