Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Adjustment issues
RE: Adjustment issues
The numbers in parenthesis come from the machine. For CA they are probably seconds. For some of the other things, like snoring, it is less clear what they might be.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2016, 12:00 PM)plumblossom Wrote: By then I had five hours on the machine so I gave myself a break, and didn't goi back on the machine till morning, when I decided to try it again for a bit while I tried to make up a little sleep.

When you do that you aren't making up sleep. The sleep you think you're getting isn't deep enough to do you any good, the struggle to keep breathing is hurting you, and it's preventing you from adapting.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I do what? Sleeping for two hours more, or getting up to pee, or going off the machine for a while?

I'm pretty sure I am adapting--it's been a week and I'm doing better than I did the first couple of nights, even though I still don't have the correct mask. So I don't think I'm going to feel badly about the way I'm going about it.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm pretty excited this morning. I figured out what's really causing my mouth to be forced open. It's not the air pressure exactly. It's the fact that the mask is too big! My mouth falls open in an unconscious response to the loose feeling & leaks.The looseness causes the airflow directions that push against my mouth & won't let it stay closed. (seriously, the effort I have to exert to keep it closed is not sustainable as I fall asleep. I do not have this issue when I sleep without the mask, though I have worse issues with my breathing, so I wouldn't go back) I wouldn't have figured that out except for the advice I got here, so thank you!

So that means that when I get the correct size mask, that forcing will probably stop. And I can put up with the extremely dry mouth I get from it for two more nights.

Also last night I had the longest single session I've had yet--6 hours and twenty minutes! And an entirely boring report from Sleepyhead. This is clearly doable.

The best thing is my little dog, who lives to shred things, has shown no interest in the apparatus at all.
Post Reply Post Reply

May I suggest that you also ask for a chin strap when you get the proper sized mask. You may not need it, but better to have it and not need it than to wake with a dry mouth and wish you had one.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 219 Yesterday, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 55 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 90 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 113 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 159 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 220 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 255 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.