Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Do you use auto on/off or the power on/off button? ONLY FOR USERS WITH AUTO ON/OFF CAPABLE MACHINES
This poll is closed.
Auto on/off
54.55%
6 54.55%
Power button
45.45%
5 45.45%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Auto on setting
Auto on setting
For those of you with a machine capapble of auto on/off, do you use it or just continue using the on/off button?

I have never enabled it on any of my units.

OMyMyOHellYes
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Auto on setting
I like the auto on/off feature. If I have a night where I just get annoyed with the mask I can just take it off and it shuts off automatically (I'm still adjusting to the system).

I don't obsess about my data but this feature does help to ensure the accuracy of data by ensuring the machine is only on when you are wearing the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the auto on, but I'm not sure if my Respironics ASV has auto off. I usually use the on/off button to turn it off.
The auto on makes things simpler.
Post Reply Post Reply
I second what skyler said.

I'm using the auto-on/off currently after reading a thread about how it can be useful after a power outage (in case you sleep through it and the power comes back on, the machine should auto-start).

However auto-off does not work well for me using the nasal pillows, so I just push the button to turn it off. I would have liked it if Resmed had separated the two functions instead of having a master auto-on/off setting.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I was the one that started the "why auto-on is a good thing" thread, so naturally I voted that I use auto-on. I do have auto-off disabled, because I like to have the blower turned on for a period of time to fully dry the hose and mask after I have cleaned them. Auto-off would defeat that.
Post Reply Post Reply
On my Respironics DS200S, I used Auto-On/Off but on my later machines, such as the one I'm using now, I used the power button because I thought I read somewhere that those features scued the data.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have my resmed set to auto on/off, but like Trish i keep manually shutting it off when going for bathroom breaks and waking up, because I also think i read somewhere that it skews the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
I can't see any way that auto-on will skew the data. However, if you rely on auto-off to turn off the machine and simply rip the mask off and drop it on the bed when you go to the washroom, it will probably register brief periods of high leak rate before it realizes there's nobody on the other end anymore. While this may affect the overall summary data, if you look at the detailed data, you can easily realize that any such high leak is because you purposely took off the mask and not because the mask was actually leaking that badly.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 162 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,208 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 861 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 426 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 585 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 389 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 3,014 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.