Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Auto or Manual Temp Humidity Control?
Auto or Manual Temp Humidity Control?
I am having a few intermittent issues with temperature and humidity control with my ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset. It seems in the warmer months, Auto control works fine. In the colder months, I get rain out in the mask and it results in whistling noise through the vent holes in the mask. Anyone else experience this? I get around this by lowering the humidity to 2 or 3 and setting the temp to 25C or 26C.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Auto or Manual Temp Humidity Control?
I get this too on my Airsense 10. Being "up north" in Canada means we have 70-90% humidity in the summer when it's +25C outside, and 25-30% humidity in the winter when it's -25C outside.

In the warmer months, the air is more humid than during the winter months, where the cold air is very dry. This means in the winter months, the machine has to warm up the air more, and humidify it more as well. The differential between what is in the hose vs. what is in the rest of the room is greater, hence condensation.

Is is not uncommon for me to wake up with a drop of water on my nose in the morning during the cold winter months. It never happened during the summer.

Long story short, yes, this is "normal". Tweaking the humidity and temperature like you did is how I get around it too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try wraping the hose with a hose blanket or get a heated hose, or you can hang the hose above your head when using it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I seldom use the humidifier but I have a buddy that likes a lot of humidity with his CPAP he swears by a hose cover to help with rain out, it traps the heat your heated hose makes. Many people experience this problem. Google "cpap hose cover".
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2017, 02:59 AM)nanbar Wrote: I am having a few intermittent issues with temperature and humidity control with my ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset. It seems in the warmer months, Auto control works fine. In the colder months, I get rain out in the mask and it results in whistling noise through the vent holes in the mask. Anyone else experience this? I get around this by lowering the humidity to 2 or 3 and setting the temp to 25C or 26C.

I'm in Adelaide.  I like my air humid, so have a setting of 5 and the temperature set to 29.  No issues with rainout.  I do get the whistling from the vent holes if my mask has not totally dried totally after being washed.  A quick run of a finger over the vent holes seems to clear this. (at least on my Amara View mask)
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 on the hose cover.
I still occasionally get some minor rainout on very cold nights, but without the cover it was very bad in nearly all weather.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have the opposite problem. I can use auto in the winter with no problem and then get nothing but rainout when it gets warm and the windows are open. Just change the settings due to environmental changes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-15-2017, 10:28 AM)cands Wrote:
(07-15-2017, 02:59 AM)nanbar Wrote: I am having a few intermittent issues with temperature and humidity control with my ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset. It seems in the warmer months, Auto control works fine. In the colder months, I get rain out in the mask and it results in whistling noise through the vent holes in the mask. Anyone else experience this? I get around this by lowering the humidity to 2 or 3 and setting the temp to 25C or 26C.

I'm in Adelaide.  I like my air humid, so have a setting of 5 and the temperature set to 29.  No issues with rainout.  I do get the whistling from the vent holes if my mask has not totally dried totally after being washed.  A quick run of a finger over the vent holes seems to clear this. (at least on my Amara View mask)

Yep, a run of the finger over the holes fixes it but it comes back over and over again during the night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had humidity and rain out control problems until I started using the Climateline air hose. Since then with both hose and tank temp control set to auto, I haven't had any problems. I never could get a good balance with manual settings. Too much work.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well, I thought I had AHI under control... LookingForACleverHandle 15 903 4 hours ago
Last Post: LookingForACleverHandle
  humidity level frustration sleepingbetterinFl 2 126 03-08-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Does EPAP or IPAP control hypopneas? MrIvanDrago 3 218 02-29-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 1,909 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [CPAP] DreamStation Humidity Issue bry248 14 9,136 01-20-2024, 02:59 AM
Last Post: jimbob123
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 561 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
Gross [Equipment] HELP! Heat & Humidity settings are Choking Me! James87 3 359 12-21-2023, 11:00 AM
Last Post: James87

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.