Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Auto-range vs constant pressure
Auto-range vs constant pressure
I've set my machine at CPAP and Autoset modes
When set the machine on CPAP mode at 11.4, no obstructive or hypopnea events, just few centrals are noted
On auto-range with minimum pressure at 10.4, no centrals, just an obstructive or/and hypopnea here and there
Both scenario AHI below 1 but I feel better on auto range ...whats your experience

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Auto-range vs constant pressure
Are these results based on a single day or are they averages?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2013, 04:22 AM)DOOM_NX Wrote: Are these results based on a single day or are they averages?
At least a month observation on constant pressure

Edit: this what just wrote here http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...oPAP-range
I voted for 3 difference but its between 2 and 3
I could use constant pressure but seem to induce few centrals, I feel better with a narrow range
S9 AutoSet does not treat central apnea as such but by increasing pressure in response to snoring and flow limitation which are pre-cursors to obstructive apnea (not central apnea) the pressure does not run away willy-nilly to induce central apnea
In my experience its futile to set the minimum pressure so low and expect the machine to do its magic, the magic does not happen in this way. the minimum pressure ought to be close to your therapeutic pressure and maximum pressure just couple cmH2O above. The maximum pressure might not matter much but if you,re like me sensitive to wide pressure fluctuation than narrower is better and leak rate is better too
Post Reply Post Reply
How about the Auto-CPAP mode?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2013, 04:33 AM)DOOM_NX Wrote: How about the Auto-CPAP mode?
Same thing ... AutoSet mode = Auto-CPAP mode

Post Reply Post Reply
I meant: how long did you test the AutoSet mode?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2013, 09:27 AM)DOOM_NX Wrote: I meant: how long did you test the AutoSet mode?
I've always used the machine in auto mode but experimented with different settings
Now, my current setting 10.4 - 14, EPR off, Ramp at 9 for 15 mins and seem working fine
Post Reply Post Reply
I switched to constant pressure (well, two of them since I use a bipap) after bumping my pressure down quite a bit over time. I feel better at the constant pressure because the auto was a little over aggressive for me which also caused leaks. My AHI has been well under 5 for the entirety of this process. I could probably take the pressure even lower with auto, but I'm finally getting great therapy and don't really want to mess with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried it once a while back, straight CPAP mode at various pressures, but just a week or so at each pressure setting. If I remember correctly, I had decent AHI at the higher pressures. But I felt much better with it on APAP.

I take a lot of medications and have other conditions going on. I think for me, APAP is the best way to go as it adjusts for me, depending on the day/night. I think that's why I get better sleep. It could even be psychological. I trust the APAP to take care of me so I sleep better.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yeap. APAP is better because it adjusts to you and you don't have to mess with your pressure constantly. My pressure needs vary greatly night by night.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Tidal Volume Acceptable Range trance 12 3,426 03-02-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 367 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What should my pressure range be? tomkelly 4 421 01-09-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [Pressure] DreaamStation Stays at virtually constant pressure; Significant AHI increase Tom Buck 6 405 01-06-2024, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,641 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.