Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AutoOn taking longe to cycle "ON"
Own an approx.  7 year old Remstar Pro C-Flex.  For the past few days the Auto On feature is taking longer to cycle "ON".  Has anyone else ever experienced this?  Could the machine/motor be going?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think it reflects a problem with the machine. The Philips Respironics machines are much slower to start than a Resmed on SmartStart, and of course there is always the button. I can get my PRS1 BiPAP Auto (System One 60 series) to start, but it takes several pretty good breaths. On the Resmed I may not even be aware of the breath movement and the machine will start.

After 7 years on your current machine, it doesn't owe you much. You should begin looking for a replacement sooner than later, and retire this machine to backup duty.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jujujenny2112,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might look for a different machine and use the one you have now as a backup.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

thank you very much for response back. I will be looking into a replacement one soon.

thank you very much for response back, will be looking for new one soon
Post Reply Post Reply
most current machines start-up within 3 breathes. My old C-Flex sometimes needed a bit of a kick start and I would put my hand over the relief valve and do a couple of big exhales (using a FFM). You might try a couple of snorts as you are using pillows - or be really old fashion and push the start button. Yeah - maybe time for a new machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Viscious cycle of increased pressure -> more leak -> response of more pressure 3mp0w3r 5 258 09-16-2017, 09:04 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Sick and tired of wait, expense and interference. So taking control Lee the Bee 24 1,330 08-11-2017, 10:40 AM
Last Post: stanleydean
  AHI HIGHER AFTER TAKING PAMELOR (nortriptyline) dizzy1 3 305 05-10-2017, 08:33 AM
Last Post: dizzy1
  Taking mask off at night while sleeping doctor perscribed Nuvigil nap80 14 1,670 04-03-2017, 06:22 PM
Last Post: TurdFerguson8675
  [split] Taking mask off in my sleep Vort 5 497 12-27-2016, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Beej
  Taking mask off in my sleep JulieB30 6 896 12-27-2016, 03:35 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Respironics 9 minute cycle with no events. pixpop 2 386 12-06-2016, 09:17 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred