Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AutoOn taking longe to cycle "ON"
AutoOn taking longe to cycle "ON"
Own an approx.  7 year old Remstar Pro C-Flex.  For the past few days the Auto On feature is taking longer to cycle "ON".  Has anyone else ever experienced this?  Could the machine/motor be going?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AutoOn taking longe to cycle "ON"
I don't think it reflects a problem with the machine. The Philips Respironics machines are much slower to start than a Resmed on SmartStart, and of course there is always the button. I can get my PRS1 BiPAP Auto (System One 60 series) to start, but it takes several pretty good breaths. On the Resmed I may not even be aware of the breath movement and the machine will start.

After 7 years on your current machine, it doesn't owe you much. You should begin looking for a replacement sooner than later, and retire this machine to backup duty.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jujujenny2112,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You might look for a different machine and use the one you have now as a backup.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you very much for response back. I will be looking into a replacement one soon.

thank you very much for response back, will be looking for new one soon
Post Reply Post Reply
most current machines start-up within 3 breathes. My old C-Flex sometimes needed a bit of a kick start and I would put my hand over the relief valve and do a couple of big exhales (using a FFM). You might try a couple of snorts as you are using pillows - or be really old fashion and push the start button. Yeah - maybe time for a new machine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 117 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 173 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Taking a sleep test while on CPAP? hydra 4 354 02-21-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Importance of Spont Cycle % SingleH 10 638 01-14-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Taking Home sleep test with snore guard HenryECole81 2 703 10-27-2023, 08:01 AM
Last Post: eok361
Ohmy [CPAP] Doc taking forever to give me new CPAP settings or BiPAP Apnea45 22 3,374 08-23-2023, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Apnea45
  [CPAP] Taking a look at my chart :) hbvlr 1 450 07-13-2023, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.