Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Automatic adjustments to pressures?
Automatic adjustments to pressures?
Just curious does anyone else have so many adjustments to there numbers? I seem to be adjusted every day! Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? I have been using the ASV for three months now. My numbers seem to be more often over 5 that under? I am seeing the respiratory doc in two days. First visit since starting treatment for my severe idiopathic central sleep apnea ( 120 events an hour!) Dont-know I was trying to attach a pic of my stats but cant seem to for some reason?Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Automatic adjustments to pressures?
Hi Maternity Angel

You need to have at least eight posts before you can attach a picture - unfortunately we need to do that to keep the spammers at bay. If you have an account at Photobucket or a similar site, you can upload your image there and link it.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say adjustments to your numbers. Are you referring to the apnea hypopnea index (AHI)? That will go up and down depending on how effectively the machine is treating you each night, though it should be below 5 for effective therapy. Or are you referring to something else?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again Maternity Angel

It seems I got the rules about links and attachments backwards. You can attach an image up to 200kb but not a link. Full details are here http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ttachments

That will teach me to post instructions when I've only had two hours on the hose last night Sad.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2015, 04:36 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Hi Maternity Angel

You need to have at least eight posts before you can attach a picture - unfortunately we need to do that to keep the spammers at bay. If you have an account at Photobucket or a similar site, you can upload your image there and link it.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say adjustments to your numbers. Are you referring to the apnea hypopnea index (AHI)? That will go up and down depending on how effectively the machine is treating you each night, though it should be below 5 for effective therapy. Or are you referring to something else?

ON the statistics page in sleepy head at the bottom it says "changes to prescription settings. IT then shows the list of AHI and pressure settings. In particular just about every day the pressure settings are changing. Tried posting the pic but still couldnt?

Post Reply Post Reply
OK, have a look at the attached picture - are you referring to the pressure settings in the right hand column?

[attachment=1723]

I'm not totally familiar with your machine, but in general those pressure settings only change if: a) You change them, or b) Your doc or DME is changing them remotely. Does your machine have a modem or cell phone attachment which could allow your doc to communicate with it?

Generally it's not a good idea to change settings repeatedly. It's best to make a change to one parameter only then wait a few days or a week and see if there is a change in results. If your doc is changing your settings too frequently you'll never settle into a routine. More particularly, if they are changing your settings without your knowledge, then it's time for a serious discussion with them.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2015, 02:03 AM)Maternity Angel Wrote: ON the statistics page in sleepy head at the bottom it says "changes to prescription settings. IT then shows the list of AHI and pressure settings. In particular just about every day the pressure settings are changing. Tried posting the pic but still couldnt?

You should examine the detailed data for some of the days in question to convince yourself that the settings are really changing. The summary settings data for my AirCurve machine are not reported correctly in SleepyHead. You may have a similar problem. However I find that the detailed data plots show the correct behavior.

if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-06-2015, 05:23 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: OK, have a look at the attached picture - are you referring to the pressure settings in the right hand column?

I'm not totally familiar with your machine, but in general those pressure settings only change if: a) You change them, or b) Your doc or DME is changing them remotely. Does your machine have a modem or cell phone attachment which could allow your doc to communicate with it?

Generally it's not a good idea to change settings repeatedly. It's best to make a change to one parameter only then wait a few days or a week and see if there is a change in results. If your doc is changing your settings too frequently you'll never settle into a routine. More particularly, if they are changing your settings without your knowledge, then it's time for a serious discussion with them.

I don't have a modem attached so no one can change without my knowing. I am not changing either (would have no idea how) the machine seems to every day? but the guy from sleepy head said it looks like a bug? I have sent him a copy of my SD card.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 118 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 868 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,801 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 5 487 03-09-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Gross Need help interpreting data and making adjustments tiredandexpired 13 588 03-01-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Help Interpreting OSCAR data and making adjustments Catbois 1 173 03-01-2024, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.