Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Autosense 11 not responding quick enough
Autosense 11 not responding quick enough
    I have a new Autosense 11 that I have only been using for a few days. I have been tweaking the settings by looking at my Oscar data daily. Last night I noticed a 38 second OA with zero leaks from mask. My therapy pressure is set 10-15. The machine responded with increasing pressure only at the end of the OA. When I looked closer at the pressure graph there is a several second red line displaying rather than green. Machine glitch?
OSCAR ROCKS
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Autosense 11 not responding quick enough
Please post the entire night with the graphs in my signature- include the left column. Leave out the calendar and pie chart.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
What you are seeing is normal. CPAP machines adjust pressure after detecting an apnea event in an attempt to prevent future apneas. They cannot respond to an apnea in progress as they don't determine that the breathing pattern was an apnea until after the event finishes.

As for the green vs red line, the green line is the EPAP setting and the red line is the Pressure. Since you are probably not using EPR, these two values are the same.  The one piece of red vs green line on your graph could be for some reason that the CPAP machine reported EPAP and Pressure as very slightly different so you are seeing both lines in that one spot. Or it could be a glitch in the graphing code.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

OSCAR ROCKS
Post Reply Post Reply
Look at the flow limits and compare it with the pressures. As your flow limits grow so do the pressure. Flow limits are apnea only smaller than H and O events. 

ResMed raises pressure when flow limits rise to stop them from becoming H or O events. 

EPR is used to help flow limits which also helps with the exhale pressure (EPR IS exhale pressure relief). 

I would suggest you turn on the EPR full time and try EPR3 and see how it works for you for at least 1 night. Come back and post that night and we will see if other changes might be made.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd like you to increase minimum pressure to 12, turn on EPR to setting 3 and post in the morning if you feel better.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see that the pressure goes to median of around 12 almost immediately for the past few nights. I will try the EPR adjustment for one night and report back. I had the EPR set at 2 last weekend and was getting a lot of centrals. Oscar has not detected any since I turned EPR off. I will try what you suggest tonight.
OSCAR ROCKS
Post Reply Post Reply
You are suggesting the same as stacyburke. I will try tonight with these settings and report back. Thanks
OSCAR ROCKS
Post Reply Post Reply
You may be sensitive to the use of EPR and have some centrals. Your results show a lot of flow limitation, and pressure rise, but we don't want to replace one problem with another. Based on your comment you "had a lot of centrals at EPR 2", we may want to go into this a bit slower with EPR at 1, and move forward from there. We want you to be more comfortable, but flow limitation is a very prominent feature of your therapy, and it shows in the flow chart with that flat top-line and "hairy" expiration line. We may just fix your pressure at minimum/maximum 12 cm because the higher pressure is not likely doing anything to help. Once apnea is resolved, as it is with you, our objective becomes optimization and comfort.

That Stacyburke guy, you should not listen to him...he sounds a lot like an echo. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I moved the minimum pressure to 12 from 10. Perhaps this change will help. I took a randomized look back on my SH and Oscar data going years back. An average of 12-13 95% showed recorded.  My old machine was set 9.5 to 16.5. The new machine is now set 12-15. I have never used EPR. I suppose I am conditioned to sleep without it with no discomfort. Will EPR help with the FL flattened waveforms or not? I read up on EPR connection to washed out CO2 issue. Freaky stuff.
OSCAR ROCKS
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OSCAR Privacy and quick upload Fix? EasySleep 3 100 03-18-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines SleepHungry 18 931 11-24-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question QUICK QUESTION [mask leak issues] johduv 6 589 09-27-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Central sleep apnea - A quick 5 minute video explanation. Expat31 2 507 09-20-2023, 03:01 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Can anyone give me a quick rundown on the ResMed 'For Her' settings? Robert89 2 502 09-16-2023, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] How quick do autosets change pressure? ted13 9 837 08-07-2023, 11:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Quick question for anyone with AirCurve 10 VPAP njf1525 4 628 08-01-2023, 10:22 AM
Last Post: njf1525

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.