Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Autoset 10 side panel: how to clean
Autoset 10 side panel: how to clean
Hi folks,
I just got a side panel for my Autoset 10 to be able to travel without the humidifier. I like to thoroughly clean parts before using. Help! It's a more complicated gizmo than I'd thought. I'm unclear how to pull apart the 2 (I think, 2) parts of the thing without breaking it. Or whether I can just soak it in a bit of dish detergent and water without pulling it apart. There's a small metal disk (like one of those coin-shaped batteries) in part of it--don't know what that is or if it can be soaked.

Note: I don't know if this was made by ResMed since I resorted to ordering from the big grin company--my normal cpap vendor has the part backordered.

Thanks for any guidance you might offer.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Autoset 10 side panel: how to clean
That sounds far too complicated an item than a simple plastic panel to bypass the humidifier tub.

Which PAP are you using? You're posting about ResMed but everything in your user panel states Respironics. You may want to get that up to date.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-18-2021, 07:37 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: That sounds far too complicated an item than a simple plastic panel to bypass the humidifier tub.
That's my point, it's not simply a plastic cover.
[tried to add a screen shot of the image, didn't work. just look at any vendor and search for autoset 10 side panel]

and, yeah, I ditched the Philips for a ResMed b/c of the recall.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think it is meant to come apart. It is just a U-tube connecting the blower outlet to the hose connector. But is has to be held in a precise position, or it will leak - noisily.

Just soak it in warm soapy water to get rid of manufacturing oils, and rinse it off, then let it dry. The tricky part may be draining the U-tube.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I dont think its meant to be cleaned and taken a part. It has Sound deadening foam inside the light tan part.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 110 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 409 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 982 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 439 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Thumbsup Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea G. Szabo 0 258 02-26-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 401 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Gross DreamStation Error Front Panel drouou 2 184 02-10-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: drouou

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.