Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Any stomach sleepers using a hose hanger?
Any stomach sleepers using a hose hanger?
I'm new to the CPAP game -- but getting great results and my morning headaches have disappeared.  However, I still fuss a bit with the hose at night.  I sleep only on my stomach and tuck the hose under my pillow, but so far this seems to require a bit of hose repositioning when I switch my head from one direction to the opposite. 

I've read some of the prior threads on hose management and the use of hose hangers, but didn't see anyone mention that they used a hanger and were stomach sleepers.  I can visualize how it would work great for back sleepers.  However, it seems like any pressure caused by pulling on the hose would cause my P10 to leak, so I'm wondering if having the hose draped overhead and hanging down from a hanger would even have a chance of working for me.  Or do you stomach sleepers just keep plenty of slack piled up in the area above your head?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Any stomach sleepers using a hose hanger?
I have tried it a number of ways. Primarily leaving the hose in a gap between the pillow and the headboard, leaving space between the mattress and the headboard, using a hose-hanger suspended from the top of my headboard, and using a mask with an overhead connection rather than one at the bottom of the mask. And they all exert pressure on my mask interface when I reposition myself.

This may be one of those cases that you keep experimenting until you find something comfortable and produces minimal leakage. One discovery is that using a SlimLine, non heated, hose worked better than a larger hose or the ResMed ClimateLine hose which is smaller, but has embedded metallic coils.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope.

Just route it over the top of my head.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a frequent stomach sleeper and use a hose hanger coupled with a Dreamwear mask that has the hose attached to the top of the head.
This combination works very well for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2017, 03:19 AM)srlevine1 Wrote:  One discovery is that using a SlimLine, non heated, hose worked better than a larger hose or the ResMed ClimateLine hose which is smaller, but has embedded metallic coils.

Good suggestion about the SlimLine hose -- thanks!  I'll give that a try.  My spouse has been patient so far with some of my experiments that have produced some loud leak noises and squeaks in the middle of the night, but that suggestion looks like a safe one.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,648 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 523 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
Question Hose volume Willw 4 285 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 260 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 629 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,372 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 569 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.