Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Autoset feature defaults to humidity change window on ResMed S9
Autoset feature defaults to humidity change window on ResMed S9
Hi,

I'm new here -- been using CPAP for about 3 1/2 years, including a year to get used to it. Smile I'm using a ResMed S9 with an H5i humidifier, and have noticed a couple of times that my humidity setting will mysteriously get adjusted up in the middle of the night so it's too high, producing condensation in my climate line tubing.

I think this has to do with the autoset feature, which is enabled, but would welcome any feedback. When I connect my mask and the CPAP kicks in, I notice that the display shows the humidity setting in orange color, meaning it can be adjusted. It shows a value of 5.0, which is the highest value I can set it at before condensation kicks in. (I'm a mouth breather and get fairly bad dry mouth, so need the value set as high as it can go without producing condensation.)

I'm not sure, though, that the manual 5.0 setting actually means anything, since when the machine starts the autoset bar at the bottom of the humidity display appears in blue, and the numbers rapidly adjust up until they reach what I assume to be the autoset-determined value. If I need to get up and press the stop button, the humidity setting display switches to blue, meaning it can't be adjusted. But as soon as I put my mask on again and the machine kicks in, it switches back to orange and the autoset bar adjusts up again

Is my machine behaving correctly by defaulting to the orange humidity setting display when it starts operating? I notice that that at times when I get the rain/condensation my manual humidity setting has increased to 5.5 or 6. Is it possible that I could be accidentally raising this value by brushing against the control knob, and that's what's causing the problem? (The humidity setting remains, after all, in adjustable orange mode.) Or is the autoset feature just raising my humidity too high? Is the way to solve this problem disabling autoset?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Autoset feature defaults to humidity change window on ResMed S9
Welcome

The autoset feature only changes the pressure, not the humidity. You're brushing up against the knob. I had the same problem when I switched from a Resmed S8 Autoset II to a Philips Respironics System One DS-560. I had to learn not to reach for the knob without looking. (Or maybe, you're reaching for the machine while you're sleeping.) It wasn't a problem when I used the S8 because the humidifier knob is a little harder to turn.
Post Reply Post Reply
big_dave beats me to it Coffee

One thing, I liked about the S9, easy to make changes while the machine is on
AirSense 10 is not so easy and the dim lights don't helps either
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2015, 07:10 PM)zonk Wrote: big_dave beats me to it Coffee

One thing, I liked about the S9, easy to make changes while the machine is on
AirSense 10 is not so easy and the dim lights don't helps either

Maybe they are trying mushroom management on you......Keep you in the dark and feed you BS. Apology-2 Couldn't resist.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
What a coincidence, I'm just cooking some mushroom with garlic butter to have on toast for lunch
That is what you call multi-tasking, eating and socializing on hosehead forum at the same time Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ucsleepy,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Change Owner Name of machine eswagar 5 83 3 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Is there a way to change the Resmed 10 time from Miliary Time? johnathanb76 9 170 04-20-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,559 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
Question [Equipment] What Is Autoset (ResMed) 10 and Can It Be Disabled? Rickyricardo 2 90 04-18-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 239 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 142 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 329 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.