Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Autoset vs Autoset for Her mode preference
Autoset vs Autoset for Her mode preference
This is a question for owners of the Airsense 10 Autoset for Her...and maybe this should be a poll, but I don’t know how to do that. 

Which mode do you find yourself using most often...the standard or the “for Her.”

I realize that treatment for sleep apnea is individualized, but I am interested to see if the people with “for Her” machines tend to see benefit with that algorithm, and tend to use it, or if they have a preference for the standard Autoset algorithm.

I am aware of the differences between the standard and “for Her” algorithm, so don’t need any explanations in that regard.

I really just want to learn if owners of the “for Her” machine tend to use the “for Her” algorithm, whether for comfort reasons, less awakening from sleep, or if they have a lower AHI in comparison to the Standard Autoset algorithm (I am aware of the soft and standard response of the Autoset algorithm, but that does not pertain to my question).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Autoset vs Autoset for Her mode preference
Yes  I tried to use the for her mode initially but found it did not respond fast enough to events.  
Therefore I use the standard mode with standard response .
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm more interested in the o/p's user name....

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-18-2018, 05:18 PM)matthewb Wrote: I'm more interested in the o/p's user name....

Simple, coffee was the thing that kept me going before  I started APAP!
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the "for Her" algorithm exclusively. I have tried the standard one and while it works for me, it seems to wake me up.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's been a year since I initially posted this. Just wanted to see if anyone else has any other personal experience to report for the Airsense 10 Autoset response modes vs the For Her response mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm pondering whether to spend the extra money to get a "For Her". Used regular Autosets can be picked up pretty cheap. On the plus side, the For Her model apparently reports RERA in all modes, while the regular model does not. On the minus side, the provider/clinician manual says that the "For Her" mode is for mild to moderate apnea, and only goes up to 12 in response to apnea events (it still goes to 20 for flow limitations and snore).

My diagnosis is "severe" (untreated 69.6), and I'm currently using a narrow range of 13-15 on a Dreamstation. Even if Resmed's algorithm lets me reduce the min pressure, and the quick/soft response reduces the need to go to higher pressure, I suspect 12 won't be high enough. I wish there was a control for that. It sounds like, even ignoring gender, I'm outside the intended operating range of the Her mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
The For Her variation is only relevant at pressures less than 12 cm where flow limitations drive pressure increases. If you require higher pressures due to OA it has no value to you. The standard Autoset should meet your needs as well or better than having the For Her mode available. Relatively few people actually benefit from for her, and they consistently show flow limitations as a key feature such as UARS.

That said, your therapy will improve on the Autoset due to faster response and the more versatile EPR function compared to Flex. You won’t regret getting an Autoset with or without for her.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 24 444 3 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 115 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 122 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 473 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 216 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.