Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help, I'm still Exhausted
Help, I'm still Exhausted
I'm really getting a bit lost in dealing with fatigue. I've been using my cap for 4 months now, have no issues using it routinely have AHI's in the .3-.8 every night with leak rates anywhere from 5ml-10ml. I'm sleeping about an average of 6 hours a night with it on and although the general tiredness and sudden afternoon drops have gone, I keep getting random stretches of a day or longer of extreme fatigue and weakness. I've had tests done for everything else and all fine. I am going for a thyroid test but does anyone else have very positive results on paper for their OSA treatment, but lesser real life benefits? I'm still waking up feeling pretty tired but I have been dragging almost like I want to juts lie down while mildly dizzy and my eyes all squinty. Driving me a bit nuts!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help, I'm still Exhausted
Please read my post about coconut oil... it may help you. LOUIS R.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2015, 10:07 AM)Louis R. Wrote: Please read my post about coconut oil... it may help you. LOUIS R.

Thanks, will look into it and maybe give it a try, what form exactly do you take every day?
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately you may have years of ineffective sleep to recover from, and it may take longer, or could it possibly be that 6 hours of sleep per night isn't enough for you? How is your sleep hygiene?
Post Reply Post Reply
Daso, keep at it. I felt unrefreshed for a while after starting therapy with everything in order. There may be little things that are disturbing you (mask slip, hose entanglement) that take getting used to. It could be your body likes the new rest it is getting and wants more. If you post the stats from Sleepyhead, others here can give some advice. Keep at it though, you are far better on PAP than off it.
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't mention how long you had apnea and how old you are now.

If you had been regularly beating your head against a concrete wall for thirty years and stopped, you'd hardly expect your consequential brain damage to vanish overnight, would you?

Similarly at 70 and after basically strangling myself every night for maybe an hour so or for twenty or thirty years, then getting on the APAP machine meant I'd stopped strangling myself every night. But that doesn't mean the damage I did myself over all those years is going to magically be healed overnight by a 70 year old diabetic body.

I was happy to have stopped noticiably deteriorating, let me tell you. And the signs of improvement are slowly showing themselves after five months or so.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI, Brain Fog, Exhausted Help Please alwaystired17 0 31 2 hours ago
Last Post: alwaystired17
  [CPAP] UARS - Exhausted even with CPAP & EPR Wispy7115 16 1,509 12-16-2023, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Wispy7115
  [Treatment] I've been using my CPAP for a few weeks, and I'm still exhausted. Looking for help. BrendonG92 22 3,278 10-16-2023, 11:00 PM
Last Post: spaceodyssey
  CPAP trial - Improvements but exhausted still prairiesleeper 7 518 10-02-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [CPAP] Exhausted newbie, good stats (?) but more tired mrp80 6 677 09-04-2023, 04:05 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
Question [Equipment] Still Exhausted Despite Low Events on ASV BIPAP LastLight 6 638 06-16-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: LastLight
  Im exhausted. Please, why am I still waking up so much? emmylouwho 4 620 05-05-2023, 03:07 PM
Last Post: emmylouwho

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.