Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Average Stats
Question 
Average Stats
Hi, just wondering what normal/average stats should be for data such as Tidal Volume, Inspiratory/Expiratory Times, Respiratory Rate, and Minute Ventilation. I see all those numbers in SleepyHead, but I have no idea how to tell if they are normal or not... also, when analyzing those, should I be looking at the Low, Med, or 90% numbers?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Average Stats
Can anyone help me decode this info, it would be much appreciated?!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you will find the proper definitions of all those items in the Wiki, linked at the top of the page. but I think you would like to know numeric values for them. I'm pretty sure all of them are dependent on body size.
Googling tidal volume, for example, I found "In a healthy, young human adult, tidal volume is approximately 500 mL per inspiration or 7 mL/kg of body mass." For me, my average is about 550 ml, my 95% about 800 ml. Based on my weight, my 95% ought to be my average; which might explain why my O2sat figures are somewhat low - then again maybe not.
I'm not sure if there are numeric values for the others. I haven't tried googling all of them
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2016, 11:17 AM)Geniale Wrote: Hi, just wondering what normal/average stats should be for data such as Tidal Volume, Inspiratory/Expiratory Times, Respiratory Rate, and Minute Ventilation. I see all those numbers in SleepyHead, but I have no idea how to tell if they are normal or not... also, when analyzing those, should I be looking at the Low, Med, or 90% numbers?

Thanks

Hello Geniale,

You look like me which means you want to know more. If you look in the basic manual of sleepyhead in the software forum they are saying that those number are not really important at the beginning. But they still explain them.

On my side, as a newbie, I really try to master the most important number for the moment.

From what I learned here so far the most important thing is the AHI and to manage the high leaks because they can affect the therapy and the AHI numbers. Also the pressure is a good tab to look to see if our starting pressure is too low or if our high pressure is not high enough.

Good luck in your therapy!

There is so many things too learn...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 340 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  5 years and never looked at the stats, need advice StephenB 5 339 02-08-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Average AHI vs deep sleep stage AHI question BezDuh 4 573 01-24-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
Question [CPAP] Oura Ring Sleep Stats with CPAP FooMan 2 1,113 01-13-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chask
  OSCAR - computing stats for subsection of night confinedmind 6 404 01-07-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Your thoughts on my stats Brennie 60 2,475 12-30-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Brennie
  oscar stats-need help teamarliss 2 383 12-07-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: teamarliss

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.