Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Average pressure
RE: Average pressure
in the drop down 'view', don't click 'fullscreen toggle', that makes it freeze for me.
of you can't close the program, push, ctl/alt and then del making the 3 down all together. to bring up task manager, where you can select sleepyhead to, 'end task'. open it again when it resets. Turning computer off and on may do the same thing.

you are working from the welcome tab and you have read the how to sheet on sleepyhead?
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=3371]
I have finally figured out how to get the sleepyhead to work- downloaded data this am and am going to attach- i am really concerned with the upward trend in my numbers- it seems that the hypopneas are the main culprit but i'm not sure- anyway, any insights would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Haynbo and welcome to the forum! You'll definitely get some help here.

But I would suggest first re-arranging your data screen in sleepyhead. Just follow the instructions in my signature on how to re-organize your data to make it more meaningful for the folks here.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks very much for your reply- again, being new to this, is the issue with the order I showed the various things or the fact that they were not clear. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
It would be the order of everything as well as removing the pie chart. Just click on the link for organizing your data. It will step you through on how to set things up.
Post Reply Post Reply
yes, you will need to arrange the charts with the link above
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

I'm here learning too, So don't make any changes on what I write. It will be interesting to see the ones that know comment on your adjusted charts and perhaps point out where I'm going wrong in my thinking.

my observation, was the high mask leak, faster respiration of 19 breaths per minute and and the lower tidal volume of 360. Do you have any lung problems, or it may just be being new to cpap and the body getting use to it?
I would work on the leak first, what mask are you using? Is it a nasal one and you're mouth breathing? the resmed has a mask test function, where you lay down, while the machine makes a high pressure and you adjust your mask. There is a very good link on mask fit above too.
Then I'd have a look at the breaths and volume, If it was my chart and the same after the leaks are fixed, I'd increase the lower pressure to 6-7 for the hyponemia and increase the EPR number, to try and get better tidal volume flow and increase the expiration time. I would think this may help with the breathing rate, if it was my chart.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
The main problem with the charts is that you are zoomed into a small time period at 3:15 AM, so we see the events, and yet can't see the full night flow, pressure and other settings. Anyway, this is not that complex. For the night you had a pressure range of 6-20 and averaged just 6.0 with a 95% pressure of 9.9. The abundant hypopnea suggest a need for a little more minimum pressure. So I would increase the minimum to 7.0 and leave everything else alone. Results are decent, but would be nice to see less hypopnea events. Even your leak rate is okay.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Average AHI vs deep sleep stage AHI question BezDuh 4 572 01-24-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,433 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  AHI total average vs true AHI graphed hourly average Jessher 9 710 10-23-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Any downside to using static pressure vs range pressure? hejohoo 6 901 09-08-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Pressure] Pressure suggestions to reduce ear pressure? rv88 0 630 05-24-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: rv88
  Average leak readings Weegie 2 1,444 02-20-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  FFM HELP: no leaks, no nose bridge pressure and no headgear pressure on back of neck? koy23 6 1,532 01-22-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.