Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[B]SECOND NIGHT - FOLLOWING ADVICE FROM HERE!
[B]SECOND NIGHT - FOLLOWING ADVICE FROM HERE!
Following advice from Sleeprider and others I boosted to 8/12 cm H2O from 6/10. The result was quite dramatic, please see data.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ZlKa1...sp=sharing

However I have two comments:

(1) The increased pressure made for a disturbed night; my mouth must have been open a fair few times.
(2) I did a little test earlier with this machine running for 30 minutes fully conscious - it registered both apneas and hypopnias

Still, and all, this was very interesting and I am grateful to the people here for their advice. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [B]SECOND NIGHT - FOLLOWING ADVICE FROM HERE!
Wow, capitals, sounds like you're yelling - I hope in happiness! LOL
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Numbers look good, but with a high leak rate, you can't be sure if it's accurate.

The most important thing you can do is to get your leaks under control, whether it be a mask leak or you are mouth breathing. It looks like mouth breathing.

You may need to try a chin strap, and practice the tongue to roof of mouth technique.

For 90% of the night, your pressure was at 9 or under. That's not a high pressure, and it's just a matter of time before you won't even notice it.

If you have a hard time exhaling, you can try one of the Flex settings of 1,2 or 3.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2015, 09:00 AM)cate1898 Wrote: Wow, capitals, sounds like you're yelling - I hope in happiness! LOL

Please excuse my unfamiliarity with this board
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2015, 09:11 AM)spottymaldoon Wrote:
(11-12-2015, 09:00 AM)cate1898 Wrote: Wow, capitals, sounds like you're yelling - I hope in happiness! LOL

Well, but it's not just this board, but the internet in general - email, websites, you name it. Reading any length of all cap letters is difficult and to many people annoying.

The odd word in all caps for emphasis is OK, but you won't get many readers if you do it very much.

Equally annoying and to be discouraged is to use special fonts or odd colours. Black on white is the easiest to read and normal sans-serif fonts like verdana, cambria, helvetica or arial are easiest to read. That's on PC's there are equivalent fonts on Mac systems but I don't know what they are. Avoid fonts that use serifs, which are little squiggly things at the ends of a letter, like this font( "Times New Roman)

And since you want to talk to someone it's against your own interests to put difficulties in their way.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Second night - following advice from here!
(11-12-2015, 04:28 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(11-12-2015, 09:11 AM)spottymaldoon Wrote:

Reading any length of all cap letters is difficult and to many people annoying.

I thought I'd apologized for my mistake, actually, but let me say it differently - I am sorry if I offended you by doing this and hope it didn't upset your day too badly - I shall definitely not do it again and hope I am now forgiven.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2015, 04:35 PM)spottymaldoon Wrote:
(11-12-2015, 04:28 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(11-12-2015, 09:11 AM)spottymaldoon Wrote: Please excuse my unfamiliarity with this board

Reading any length of all cap letters is difficult and to many people annoying.

I thought I'd apologized for my mistake, actually, but let me say it differently - I am sorry if I offended you by doing this and hope it didn't upset your day too badly - I shall definitely not do it again and hope I am now forgiven.

I didn't write out of annoyance and you haven't committed any sins. I wrote to give you helpful information, which you can choose to take or not to take.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Spottymaldoon,
Don't take it personal. It's no big deal!

Back to my post to you (post #3). It's important that you address your leak rate.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 296 6 hours ago
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 174 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 868 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,802 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 144 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 79 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 21 800 03-12-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.