Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BEARD TREATMENT FOR CPAP
BEARD TREATMENT FOR CPAP
Just saw an advertisement and video for minimizing leakage for guys with beards. Does anyone have any experience with this CPAP shampoo and conditioner product or the wax sealant?
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BEARD TREATMENT FOR CPAP
My beard treatment for CPAP is a vintage Gillette Fat Boy paired with some ultra-sharp Japanese Feather double-edge blades.

Bill

[Image: restored-gillette-red.1000.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
I looked at it early on.  Ended up with Dreamwear nasal pillows instead.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2017, 02:21 PM)Spy Car Wrote: My beard treatment for CPAP is a vintage Gillette Fat Boy paired with some ultra-sharp Japanese Feather double-edge blades.

Bill

If I recall they called those safety razors. Nothing safe about them.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2017, 03:53 PM)Walla Walla Wrote:
(10-24-2017, 02:21 PM)Spy Car Wrote: My beard treatment for CPAP is a vintage Gillette Fat Boy paired with some ultra-sharp Japanese Feather double-edge blades.

Bill

I like living dangerously Big Grin

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2017, 03:53 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: If I recall they called those safety razors. Nothing safe about them.

They are if you saw what they replaced. Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2017, 03:53 PM)Walla Walla Wrote:

Bill

Not true ... they were safer than the traditional straight edge.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
See the little dial on the Fat Boy?

Turn it to 1 and you have a pretty safe razor. Turn it to 9 loaded with something like a Feather blade and one better have a steady hand and a smooth breath.

Bill
Post Reply Post Reply
Beard treatment, who needs beard treatment.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Lol ... I have a full beard all fall during WI hunting season and doesn’t effect my mask or therapy. Rest of the year I shave.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross [Treatment] Successful Treatment... Still Significant Struggle TiredTim 0 52 Yesterday, 07:01 PM
Last Post: TiredTim
  Central Sleeping Apnea treatment ivan007 5 212 03-21-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 121 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  New to CPAP - Could Use Some Help For Treatment chrotteg 8 281 03-10-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 197 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 53,016 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  New here, trying to optimize treatment sweetbobby 10 581 03-03-2024, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sweetbobby

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.