Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BMC REsmart Software - Cannot import SD card
Angry 
BMC REsmart Software - Cannot import SD card
Hello!

After finding this forum and the link to download the BMC ReSmart software, I am unable to import my data via SD card. Every option is asking for a connected device. In the user manual there are several places that say "This function is not applicable if using an SD card to access user data.". However there is nothing in the manual that states how to actually connect with only an SD card.  In my Setup menu, the "Device Setup" option is disabled. 

I have never connected my CPAP machine to a computer, and it did not come with any kind of I/O cable. I see a USB connection on the back of my machine, but I don't know what kind of connector cable is used for it.

Can anyone here with some additional experience with this software help me get over this hurdle? OSCAR and Sleepyhead cannot import this data, and I am getting very frustrated at a lack of progress. Any help would be appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BMC REsmart Software - Cannot import SD card
The problem is that very few people are using a BMC Luna II CPAP. As I understand it, the machine can display a QR code that allows you to receive some data from the cloud to your smartphone. The SD card records data and needs to be in the machine during use, then read after therapy ends by the BMC software. Here is a link to a review of the machine that discussed using the QR code, but did not say anything I saw on the SD card http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...10-Autoset

On this thread members were using the SD card to load English language to their BMC machines http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ile?page=2

Mind if I ask why you got the BMC? It is certainly a low-cost solution, but not many DMEs carry it do to the Chinese origin and lack of support here in the U.S.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2021, 01:37 PM)zipperjones Wrote: Hello!

After finding this forum and the link to download the BMC ReSmart software, I am unable to import my data via SD card. Every option is asking for a connected device. In the user manual there are several places that say "This function is not applicable if using an SD card to access user data.". However there is nothing in the manual that states how to actually connect with only an SD card.  In my Setup menu, the "Device Setup" option is disabled. 

I have never connected my CPAP machine to a computer, and it did not come with any kind of I/O cable. I see a USB connection on the back of my machine, but I don't know what kind of connector cable is used for it.

Can anyone here with some additional experience with this software help me get over this hurdle? OSCAR and Sleepyhead cannot import this data, and I am getting very frustrated at a lack of progress. Any help would be appreciated!
you need create a peesonal profile first. then import sdcard data into resmart.
(02-04-2021, 04:01 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The problem is that very few people are using a BMC Luna II CPAP.  As I understand it, the machine can display a QR code that allows you to receive some data from the cloud to your smartphone. The SD card records data and needs to be in the machine during use, then read after therapy ends by the BMC software. Here is a link to a review of the machine that discussed using the QR code, but did not say anything I saw on the SD card link1

On this thread members were using the SD card to load English language to their BMC machines link2

Mind if I ask why you got the BMC? It is certainly a low-cost solution, but not many DMEs carry it do to the Chinese origin and lack of support here in the U.S.
My BMC CPAP model is G3 A20. Does OSCAR supprt BMC data?
Post Reply Post Reply
3B Medical in Winter Haven Florida supports the Luna II APA and CPAP.  

3bproducts.com / devices / luna-ii-qx-sleep-device /

Now with all the Philips machines that have been foam problems, the Luna is a very good and inexpensive model.  There is also a lot of videos regarding it on YouTube.  Especially from CPAP Reviews.

youtube.com / watch ? v = UmP3VDwH9bk
Post Reply Post Reply
Go to the menu - File, Open Patient Archive and then browse for your sd card. Let me know if you have further questions.
Post Reply Post Reply
For the BMC Luna 2, zipperjones seems to have used the older (circa 2014) Resmart software for Luna 2 (presumably from here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ndows-Only ). 

That's a fine solution: it seems to work on my own brand new Luna 2.

Since I haven't seen it posted on this site, I wanted to report that I was poking around on the internet, and there seems to be two other options at the moment.

1)Newer BMC analysis (and remote clinician setting) software for Windows only.  It seems to be from 2021.  Like the older software, It shows the BMC algorithm-classified apnea-type events and lets you see the full flow record, and link the former with the latter.  However, it supports more fine-grained and more adjustable views of time, so it is probably a better choice.

It also may have a data export feature for fine-grained data that can be passed to other programs for custom analysis, however I could not get this to work so I don't know exactly what it is.

(One blemish: the program's help feature seems not to work, but the program is quite intuitive.)

The program is described here: https://3bproducts.com/assets/uploads/20...S-0087.pdf as a way for clinicians to set machine parameters on the SD card, but if you download the program (at the link https://3bproducts.com/pap_link.exe), you see it supports analysis, as well.  

2)There is also an online analysis (referenced here: https://3bproducts.com/assets/uploads/20...e-Easy.pdf) at https://www.icodeconnect.com.  You type "quick report", and you get a screen asking for lots of data, and which looks cumbersome, but it is not.  (You only need to put in a "patient name", which can be one letter.)

It reads your SD card, and produces a timeline of apnea events.  (However, unlike to software, it does not show any plots of flow.)

I have not tested it, but it may be a workable solution for Apple and Linux users.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was able to import my BMC g3 a20 data from the SD card using the pap Link software found in this forum.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 76 Today, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 140 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 88 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR SpO2 CSV import ST Dog 20 2,724 03-15-2024, 05:09 PM
Last Post: capman
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 266 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 433 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.