Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BPAP Titration Sleep Study
RE: BPAP Titration Sleep Study
I need a window because windowless feels like a tomb.
Post Reply Post Reply
Awww maaaan you sure have been through the wringer Sad

Keeping everything crossed for a half decent outcome. Oh, and why didn't that person show up??? Excuses?
Post Reply Post Reply
I am recuperating from my sleep study. The tech had to wake me up at 6am so the Sleep Center could close at 7am because it had started to snow.

The sleep study wasn’t as anxiety provoking as last time. However, I was wired when I got there.

They only titrated BiPAP. No CPAP. They had me on a Respironics machine from hell. At 12/8 to start. It kept deciding when it was time for me to inhale, almost always when I had no inclination to inhale. Most of the time I couldn’t exhale. I couldn’t slow down, sigh, take shallow breaths, go longer between breaths.

I had the same tech as the last time. She was lovely. Got me a bed with a controller, window room, lights low in preparation for my arrival. I could bring as many pillows from home as I wanted. Even the linens were nicer than the first time.

That tech did happen to mention that she remembered me from last time (several months ago), because I had very complex sleep breathing characteristics (echoes of Sleeprider), shallow breathing, and very long apneas. Interesting she remembered these issues, but they’ve never been discussed with me by a physician/APRN.
Post Reply Post Reply
Disappointing that they could not try BPAP with backup rate. I will be surprised to hear they got a successful titration, considering your comments.

In other matters, have you acquired a recording oximeter yet?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Now after that sleep study, you can take a nap.

Hope the PSG revealed your next step to progress & success.

lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Would be interested to read your results.

Have good rest.........HalfAsleep.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-22-2017, 10:03 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Disappointing that they could not try BPAP with backup rate.  I will be surprised to hear they got a successful titration, considering your comments.

In other matters, have you acquired a recording oximeter yet?

I take it the Respironics doesn’t have a backup rate. The tech did tell me she doesn’t like Respironics...  This tech is very savvy. Too bad she’s a traveler. 

She couldn’t give me info on the night. She said “it’s up to the doctor to say if I passed BiPAP.”

What would be the difference in experience between the Respironics BiPAP forcing an inhale and a machine with a back up rate?

I don’t have an oximeter yet, but I also haven’t found out exactly if the data is Mac compatible. (I don’t do Windows; I’ve owned a Mac since 1985).
Post Reply Post Reply
Waaaah! Am I seeing what I'm seeing? My BiPAP titration study. What the heck do I do with this?

I might have to put these images in a couple of posts....

Note: my sidebar information is exactly correct.

I sleep 100% supine; both studies.

Sleep doc's recommendation:

[Image: pBA66Ra.png]

September 2017 diagnostic sleep study....

[Image: in66Y78l.png]

Continued September 2017 diagnostic sleep study

[Image: 1ZiLsh9l.png]

[Image: CV2wwrjl.png]

December BiPAP titration sleep study on next post.
Post Reply Post Reply
December 2017 Sleep study:

[Image: HPMeZVXl.png]

[Image: RBanKNil.png]

More December Sleep study:

[Image: KviBfD8l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Aren't backup rates on ASV and ST, ST-A machines only? Or did I fail CPAP 101? I'm still getting a coffee. Oh and isn't an Autoset still a CPAP not BiPAP?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 248 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 78 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 193 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 68 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.