Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BPAP Titration Sleep Study
RE: BPAP Titration Sleep Study
Who is this person that you were dealing with, a sleep doctor working at the sleep center? Are there other doctors affiliated with the sleep center?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleep Medicine is the last refuge of a scoundrel! Hang in there.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Think positive you are moving forward. Do a bipap titration study. Get a bipap machine for a month fail that then get an asv ? Process must be followed i think ???
Post Reply Post Reply
Get copies of the detailed study. When they tell you AHI is low, ask them if that helps when an apnea lasts for 90 seconds, and ask them to show you they enjoy a 90 second respite from breathing.

You need to find a different doctor. No two ways about it. Once this is sorted out the convenience will be worth it. Or, just buy the one from MedGuru for $2100 and be done with it. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-15-2017, 04:27 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Get copies of the detailed study.  When they tell you AHI is low, ask them if that helps when an apnea lasts for 90 seconds, and ask them to show you they enjoy a 90 second respite from breathing.

You need to find a different doctor.  No two ways about it.  Once this is sorted out the convenience will be worth it.  Or, just buy the one from MedGuru for $2100 and be done with it. Smile

Why does that 90 second reference cause flashback to my own PSG? Hmm, maybe because I also had a 90 sec apnea. Holding breath for 90 secs is not considered normal I say.

Dave
lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Reminds me of being a kid and seeing who could swim the farthest underwater. You could go a long way in 90 seconds or you could if you could hold your breath that long. I couldn't.   Annoyed-and-disappointed
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I did this one time during swimming when I was lots younger. And once during a PSG as middle aged. One was on purpose and the other wasn't.

Dave
lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
At boarding school, at summer "house games" (like intramurals), there was a competition to see who could swim the furthest underwater on one breath in the frigid water of the school swimming pool. The entire school was watching. One of the 6 girls competing didn't surface..... The water was clear: you could see everything. She sank to the bottom of the pool.

She was pulled out, blue and not breathing, and she revived.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well....Did she win?
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Gave her a blue ribbon I bet.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 3 81 1 hour ago
Last Post: sabletaurus
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,337 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 139 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 353 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 103 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Do I not need a CPAP anymore? In-Lab Study Results brehski 6 204 04-03-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 68 6,249 04-02-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: ArcherNeedsSleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.