Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BPAP Titration Sleep Study
RE: BPAP Titration Sleep Study
Halfasleep, it's past time to find someone actually interested in your care, but meanwhile as you wait for the next test, maybe use settings that work best for you? I still think you should be monitoring SpO2 to establish the bottom line results in terms of oxygenation. That either gives you something to discuss with the doctor, or you focus on how you feel as a basis for something else.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks

I put my pressure settings back to the range I had figured out before the sleep center folks decided to switch it up. 8-15. Even though my AHI was very mediocre on those settings, my sleep wasn't so broken up, and I was sleeping more hours. I needed the 8 for starting, and the 15 for most of the night.

So far, every pressure setting that's been tried gives me the pretty much the same AHI. Same length range for apneas.

I can't figure out what purpose, in my case, would be served by a fixed pressure setting of 13. Any ideas? Or is the sleep center person being random (or trying to blow me up just to get rid of me) with that concept?

------------

I had a 88 second apnea last night..... longest ever. No significant leak.

------------

It's a great idea to get a look at O2 stats. I'll get there.
I think I've decided that when it comes to all this sleep breathing stuff, I have to focus on one thing at a time. Patience is a challenge for me, however.
Next task, bug them to put me back on the sleep study schedule....then I'll be back to dealing with machines and inevitable DME nonsense all over again.  Crazy

------------

Yes, a tell-all book is definitely on. I'm thinking it needs to be a comic book, however.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t see your tell all book as funny at all Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
It is your maximum pressure setting that needs to be reduced.

Best wishes...unless you're a Patriots fan.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2017, 09:28 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: Annoyed-and-disappointed Grrr....

I got to the sleep study, and the tech was a no-show. The sleep study was a no-do.

Half Asleep

Feel so frustrated for you. That is soooooo unacceptable!!

As all have advised, you should return to your previous settings as it worked for you while you wait for the next study date. Think some 'health advisors' do not admit to knowing -----all.

Second all those advice about getting an oximetry measure. I would get one myself as have threatened much in the past and certainly will do so this long break upcoming. 

Hugs.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

Post Reply Post Reply
Halfasleep,  I am a rank beginner, but I've been doing this for many years.  Years ago, I had Dr. Goodnough (or something like that).  He was VERY good, so good in fact that I continued to use him even though it was a three hour drive for me from Colebrook, NH.  He is at Dartmouth.  See if you can get him.
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
Just an update, HalfAlseep.......

Have you got a new date for your study?

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2017, 01:23 PM)LarryRapp Wrote: Halfasleep,  I am a rank beginner, but I've been doing this for many years.  Years ago, I had Dr. Goodnough (or something like that).  He was VERY good, so good in fact that I continued to use him even though it was a three hour drive for me from Colebrook, NH.  He is at Dartmouth.  See if you can get him.
--

Larry

Hi, Colebrook.....I'll look him up. Great tip. Hope he's still with the living....
Post Reply Post Reply
My APAP/BPAP makeup sleep study is in 2 days. It took me 6 calls for someone even to answer the phone, but they were lovely when I finally reached them. I thought they'd make me go to the end of the queue and sleep again in a few weeks, but they put me in this week.

Now, I just have to convince them not to give me the bed without a controller and to put me in a room with a window. Even Motel 6 has windows.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey, why do you need a window when your eyes are closed?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 248 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 79 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 194 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 149 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 68 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.