Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BPAP Titration Sleep Study
RE: BPAP Titration Sleep Study
Good luck, HalfAsleep. I hope the rest of the journey to getting the right treatment is smooth sailing. You certainly deserve a break.
Post Reply Post Reply
Best wishes on whatever is next.

This part of your journey is similar to mine. I had that urgent care visit at the pulmonary docs that notes from the nurse and attending physician both said ASV indicated. Right after that my normal pulmonary physician starts playing the ASV machine tune. And here we are.

And, no the coffee and popcorn didn't keep me awake. Maybe that's because I didn't have either.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2018, 04:04 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Best wishes on whatever is next.

This part of your journey is similar to mine. I had that urgent care visit at the pulmonary docs that notes from the nurse and attending physician both said ASV indicated. Right after that my normal pulmonary physician starts playing the ASV machine tune. And here we are.

And, no the coffee and popcorn didn't keep me awake. Maybe that's because I didn't have either.

Did you have an ASV titration, SarcasticDave?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, I had one during the ASV version of a PSG.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been following this thread and was wondering what this meant:

(01-28-2018, 08:38 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: I am awaiting a second opinion so I can get a new sleep doc.

Second opinion by whom? Your experience with the sleep doc was unsatisfactory. That is reason enough to see different sleep doc. When you refer to a second opinion, are you talking about the opinion of your PCP?
-Amin
Nothing I say on the forum should be taken as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2018, 06:10 PM)Shin Ryoku Wrote: I've been following this thread and was wondering what this meant:

(01-28-2018, 08:38 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: I am awaiting a second opinion so I can get a new sleep doc.

Second opinion by whom?  Your experience with the sleep doc was unsatisfactory.  That is reason enough to see different sleep doc.  When you refer to a second opinion, are you talking about the opinion of your PCP?

Good call! I was evidently half asleep.  I should have written it, "I am waiting for my PCP to follow up, so I can get a new sleep doc [and get my sleep tests re-evaluated]. The date for that post was Jan 28.

Now. Since the current sleep doc has now done a 180º turn and says all my events are centrals and would require a machine that is not a PAP, if she'll just prescribe the ASV, I'm not sure I even need a second opinion. Sometimes, it's easier to go with the flow if you end up where you want to be anyway.

I've asked my new PCP to find out if she'll write the script for the ASV and we can call it good.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2018, 05:42 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Yep, I had one during the ASV version of a PSG.

I'm guessing that since I was progressing from a BiPAP, it was not a split session. I do have the sleep study paperwork. I'll have to look at it later this eve.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Sarcastic Dave.

I'm really hoping the sleep doc follows her own [new] analysis and just prescribes an ASV. I'm half hoping after she does that, she'll be fed up enough with me that she'll back off meddling in my sleep issues. And then I can self-titrate or get another sleep doc who'll be presented with me and my ASV as a fait accompli: life partners.

Send good ASV vibes!
Post Reply Post Reply
Copy and will do. Goodnight everyone. I should find paper on my study somewhere. If I remember where I placed them, I'll post it as an educational example.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ah ha!  At last you're getting somewhere.  Congratulations.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 230 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 76 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 531 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 118 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 144 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.