Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Almost 6 months on APAP still tired.
RE: Almost 6 months on APAP still tired.
Quick update:
I've been thinking in the last few days if the issue with me being tired is that I don't get any deep/REM sleep.
I can't really remember the last time I had a dream and I keep thinking a lot through out the night.
I had the same thing happen in my Sleep Study where I had 0 REM sleep.

Has anyone dealt with this issue before ?
Post Reply Post Reply
With regard to therapy, I can only suggest titrating higher towards a minimum pressure of 10 cm which would make your minimum pressure 10/7. Otherwise, how is your sleep hygiene? Do you maintain somewhat consistent sleep hours? Avoid computer and tablet screens before bed?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will try upping my minimum pressure, only thing I'm afraid of is being unable to exhale as I have this issue slightly and I might be in need of BiPAP.
My sleep hygienie is pretty good I'd say, at least 8 hours of sleep, clean diet, exercise every day. The only issue could be being on my phone/computer right before bed, which is a hard to break habbit. Regarding caffeine, I don't drink coffee or tea.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't dream (or at least remember dreaming) either, my sleep study had rem sleep and I know I get rem sleep from my OSCAR data. You can't draw any conclusions about sleep stages from lack of dreams. Your other comment of thinking is insomnia related. Jmo but both of those probably aren't breathing related.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey everyone,
I just got my new mask, the Airfit P30i and the humidifier for my machine.
I slept fine fine with them the last 2 nights, not waking up refreshed yet but definitely more energy throughout the day.
A lot of obstructive apneas as of now, should I increase both minimum pressure and maximum pressure ?
Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Increase minimum and maximum 1 or 2 cm and let's see what becomes of the OA.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you post a few zoomed examples of these apnea. Just want to check if they appear to be real apnea or post arousal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Alright, will do.

(02-26-2022, 01:08 PM)Geer1 Wrote: Can you post a few zoomed examples of these apnea. Just want to check if they appear to be real apnea or post arousal.

There you go.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
All of those apnea are preceded by a larger amplitude breath indicating an arousal. I wouldn't consider these real apnea and instead they are likely you holding breath or changing position after arousal, higher pressure isn't likely to help these "apnea".

The breaths earlier show very minor flow limitation but I don't know that is a problem. It is possible that higher pressure could potentially smooth out your breaths (more rounded peak) and reduce the occurrences of these arousals. That is what you will want to keep an eye on when looking at data while trying different pressures.

Overall I think you have your settings fine tuned fairly well and I would only minorly tweak pressure (+/- say 2 cm) with the focus of seeing what feels best to you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 136 04-17-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 224 04-16-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  New car smell months later dkmk 4 263 04-15-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Headache, Brain Fog, Dizziness, Nausea after APAP Use geosyncline 24 3,227 04-10-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: jiyun
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 473 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 154 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Pressure] Sefam S Box APAP mode sudden failure Helentw 3 124 04-07-2024, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Helentw

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.