Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BPAP trial (sleepytin therapy thread)
BPAP trial (sleepytin therapy thread)
Hi, I recently got a sleep study done. The results are low AHI, 15 RDI(REM dependent) with significant Reras.  I got a bipap machine for trial. 
I slept with following settings yesterday,but i still feel like sh*t. 
I have a full face mask and the machine is lumis 150 vpap st. It has no auto mode. So i slept with 6 epap and 10 ipap.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BPAP trial, what to do next?
Your are in "S" mode 6/10
Increase EPAP to 7 looking to decrease the UA and increase the PS to 5 looking at the RERA history so
Increase IPAP to 12

Then repost.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for quick reply! 
Here is the Data with the updated settings. I still feel not so refreshed. I also have an autobipap at home,but it doesnt have data recording capabilities.(TOPSON model)

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2022, 11:46 AM)Gideon Wrote: Your are in "S" mode 6/10
Increase EPAP to 7 looking to decrease the UA and increase the PS to 5 looking at the RERA history so
Increase IPAP to 12

Then repost.

I accidently didnt reply to your message and posted it as a separate reply. I have posted my OSCAR data for last night. Thanks  Shy
Post Reply Post Reply
Feeling worse on Bipap Trial. 3 day OSCAR data attached
Hi,
I was diagnosed with Mild OSA 7.5 AHI with 15 RDI during REM. The sleep report also said significant RERAS. So i think i have UARS too. I have been trying to play around with bipap for a few days with different settings. I still feel tired. Please suggest next steps.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BPAP trial (sleepytin therapy thread)
sleepytin,
Your two therapy threads have been merged.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Increased PS is in reading your UAI implying they may be central based.

Try

EPAP=7
IPaP=10

And provide a 10 minute zoomed view centered on some UA events
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Gideon,
Unfortunately i don't have access to Resmed machine now. It was my father's machine and i slept on it for 3 days to get OSCAR data while he was out for work for a few days. He has returned now. 

I have my own bipap machine for a trial which is TOPSON Bipap ST 150. It has an SD card but it doesnt work on OSCAR,and the TOPSON software i can't find anywhere. I tried IPAP 10 EPAP 7 on my Topson bipap. I still had an AHI of 4.9 today. 

I know this sucks but what could be the best course of action for me now. Is there anything i can conclude from 3 previous OSCAR data reports? I can share 10 minute view of previous UAs.Let me know if that would be useful
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2022, 01:37 AM)sleepytin Wrote: I have my own bipap machine for a trial which is TOPSON Bipap ST 150. It has an SD card but it doesnt work on OSCAR,and the TOPSON software i can't find anywhere. I tried IPAP 10 EPAP 7 on my Topson bipap. I still had an AHI of 4.9 today. 

They show TopScan CPAP software availble on their website.  You need a password to download it so you would need to contact them to get the password.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! You are a genius,i contacted them and they gave me the password.

(02-23-2022, 10:23 AM)Gideon Wrote: Increased PS is in reading your UAI implying they may be central based.

Try

EPAP=7
IPaP=10

And provide a 10 minute zoomed view centered on some UA events

Hi Gideon,Here is the data from my TOPSON machine and Software.  With EPAP=7
IPAP=10

What do you suggest next?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,073 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 171 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,268 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,361 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,213 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.