Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BROKEN WISP FRAME BY RESPIRONICS
Sad 
BROKEN WISP FRAME BY RESPIRONICS
There have supposedly been problems with the Wisp frame breaking. I am on my third head piece in under a year! Does anyone else have or know about this issue. Seems to be a manufacturing issue!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BROKEN WISP FRAME BY RESPIRONICS
Hi catobird1225,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I use the wisp and I like it but that is one problem with that mask.
I use the silicon frame and after about 6 months, I can count on it fracturing. Planned breakdown seems to be the rule of thumb on so many things these days. You must admit, it keeps us coming back time and time again.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: BROKEN WISP FRAME BY RESPIRONICS
(06-25-2014, 07:41 PM)catobird1225 Wrote: There have supposedly been problems with the Wisp frame breaking. I am on my third head piece in under a year! Does anyone else have or know about this issue. Seems to be a manufacturing issue!

I got my first Wisp right after it came out from my local DME. Within a couple of weeks the headgear broke. I took it back to the DME. The RT called Respironics and they told him that there had been a manufacturing error with the first batch of fabric headgears and he should just give me a new one. He did, and a few weeks later it broke too.

By this time Respironics had come out with an optional silicone headgear. My DME had one, and gave it to me to replace the second broken one. That one lasted a long time.

A few months later I went in to get a new Wisp and the RT told me that they no longer carried the silicone headgear, but that Respironics had fixed the problem with the fabric headgear. I got a new fabric headgear and it seems to have held up well.

It sounds as though your mask may have been old stock - part of the original bad batch.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,029 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 228 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 291 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 671 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,402 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,293 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.