Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BUG REPORTS for new forum software [Thread Now Closed]
RE: BUG REPORTS for new forum software
I just had to edit a reply to a question in this thread. I had a very difficult time with posting links in the reply. Everything I typed in the same line after the link was included in the link description. When I tried to unlink the text that I didn't want included in the description of the link it unlinked the entire description, including the text I wanted. I ended up having to exclude the link while typing my response and then insert it later. The reply looked good when I previewed it, but  a duplicate link was included on the bottom of the reply when I posted the reply. I had to edit the post to remove the duplicate link.

I had the same problem inserting the link in this post. The preview of what will be posted is showing a duplicate link in the post. The duplicate link is not in the pane under the preview pane that is used to make changes to the post, so there is no way to remove the duplicate link before posting.

[url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Mirage-Activa-Nasal-Mask][/url]
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Pupcamper,

I checked into this and did some testing.  Basically, what you have to do is first type the sentence, then highlight the text you want linked.  Then go up to the formatting buttons area and click on the "Insert a Link" button (which is the 11th button from the right).  When the text is highlighted and you click on that "insert a link" button, paste the link in the URL text box, and leave the "Description" box completely blank, then click on "Insert".

That's the proper way to make text linkable in posts.

Then, if you mess up something, go back to edit the post, and click on the "View Source" button, which is the formatting button at the far right.  You'll see the original code for your post, whereupon you can correct or delete anything, including the extra HTML link you're seeing at the bottom of your post in that other thread.

Hope this helps, let me know if that works for you or not.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

The excerpt referenced in the email is missing ... screenshot attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Thanks, SS. 

The procedure you described is basically what I ended up doing to insert the link. I don't know where the extra link came from unless it was from the failed attempt to insert a link on the fly, which is the way I have done it for years. 

By the way, the new software is very mobile device friendly. Thanks for all of the hard work you and others have put in getting it up and running.  Coffee
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
I noticed that editing a post drops it in order of the last edit, rather than when the first draft was submitted.  No big deal, but it was unexpected to see a post drop in position relative to edit time, rather than posting time.

This is a test to see where the post becomes positioned. It was created at 10:00 EST, it is now 9:00 AM.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(01-22-2017, 10:00 AM)OpalRose Wrote: One more IPad issue....

When viewing my inbox, my messages seem to have disappeared.  I only saved 5 messages after deleting many of them last year.  Five "blank" lines show up in my inbox with no messages.
Again, I have no problem on my PC, all messages (PM's) show up ok.

Beginning to think there may be some setting on my IPad that needs changed, but not sure what.

I added this to the bug report.  I've confirmed that on larger mobile devices, simply turning the device to the horizontal (landscape) mode corrects the problem. 

Although this is on the bug report, I'm starting to think that there are just some functions that will not work properly on very small mobile devices like smaller smartphones (especially when they're in vertical (portrait) mode.  Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

(01-22-2017, 07:03 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: The excerpt referenced in the email is missing ... screenshot attached.

Thanks for reporting that.  Currently that preview (excerpt of the post) in subscription emails is disabled because it causes conflicts with some other server functions that we've changed in the default software installation.  The email language referring to a preview (excerpt) of the post has now been removed, but the link to the new post is still retained in that email from now on.  So, for now, members who sign up for thread subscription will get the email alerting them of a new post along with a link to the new post (but no excerpt, or any reference to an excerpt).

I posted this in the bug list for reference purposes.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

(01-22-2017, 09:45 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I noticed that editing a post drops it in order of the last edit, rather than when the first draft was submitted.  No big deal, but it was unexpected to see a post drop in position relative to edit time, rather than posting time.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say it "drops it in order of the last edit" - drops what specifically?  Are you saying the post itself drops in position in the thread (like dropping from the 2nd post to the 10th post in a thread if you edit it later)?

I've edited posts with the new software and it hasn't affected the post's position in the thread at all.  I'm probably misunderstanding what you're saying perhaps.

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

(01-22-2017, 11:05 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(01-22-2017, 10:00 AM)OpalRose Wrote: One more IPad issue....

When viewing my inbox, my messages seem to have disappeared.  I only saved 5 messages after deleting many of them last year.  Five "blank" lines show up in my inbox with no messages.
Again, I have no problem on my PC, all messages (PM's) show up ok.

Beginning to think there may be some setting on my IPad that needs changed, but not sure what.

I added this to the bug report.  I've confirmed that on larger mobile devices, simply turning the device to the horizontal (landscape) mode corrects the problem. 

Although this is on the bug report, I'm starting to think that there are just some functions that will not work properly on very small mobile devices like smaller smartphones (especially when they're in vertical (portrait) mode.  Thinking-about

You are correct, doesn't work in portrait mode.  Doesn't work in landscape mode either unless I first start out in portrait mode, then turn IPad to landscape mode.  
Then when I go back to today's posts, landscape mode  cuts off information.  Have to turn it to Portrait, then back to landscape mode to see all.  

I may end up with carpel tunnel before long.   Thinking-about
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I think my comment regarding post position after editing was in error. In th.e famous words of Rosanne Rosanadana, "Never mind'
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,063 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 957 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,202 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,578 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 532 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 231 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.