Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BUG REPORTS for new forum software [Thread Now Closed]
RE: Apnea Board now on new server with new software
Looks good so far!

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Looks like some of you are getting "404 Page not found" errors...

If you are seeing those, what were you trying to access and what web browser were you using, & was it a desktop computer or mobile device?

Thanks for any feedback you can offer.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

The Google DNS is still giving me the old site. I was able to log in by using Comcast's DNS instead.
Yep, DNS propagation is still ongoing... folks might even jump around between the old site and the new one during this phase.

Hopefully everything will be pointing to the new server here within a few hours.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

11:10 pm (PST) some navigation and informational icons are showing black squares with an "X" -- it may be that the icon is an unreachable asset due to naming or server selection. Even worse, my picture is missing. How will I know what I look like?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
RE: BUG REPORTS for new forum software
Not a bug, but a minor omission - the old forum had the path to the current thread (eg Apnea Board Forum / Staff Area / Private Files & Links) at both the top and bottom of the page. The path at the bottom of the page has disappeared with the new format. Low priority, but it was convenient to have it at the bottom.
The Reply button now defaults to Reply with quote mode. The function of the Quote button isn't immediately apparent, unless you read the little message at the bottom of the input box.
Thanks... added those to the list in my first post.

Grin
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

(01-21-2017, 02:14 AM)srlevine1 Wrote: 11:10 pm (PST) some navigation and informational icons are showing black squares with an "X" -- it may be that the icon is an unreachable asset due to naming or server selection. Even worse, my picture is missing. How will I know what I look like?

I can't seem to duplicate that.  Might be just the back-and-forth nature of the DNS propagation, sometimes it reaches the old server, sometimes the new... hoping that issue will disappear as we go.

On your profile picture, I installed an "ugly picture" filter - could that be it?   Wink   Okay, not really.   Due to a horrific issue I had with the databases, I had to use the image files from a backup that was made over two weeks ago.  If you did anything to your profile picture after that time, we might have lost it. I'd suggest uploading a new profile picture.  Let me know if you have any issues with that.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

(01-21-2017, 03:37 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: I can't seem to duplicate that.  Might be just the back-and-forth nature of the DNS propagation, sometimes it reaches the old server, sometimes the new... hoping that issue will disappear as we go.

I'm seeing the same as SRLevine1. When attempting to open the image in a new tab (using Chrome) I get a 404. It seems to be just the Jump to new page and the This thread contains attachments icons which are affected.

[attachment=3104]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,075 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,214 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,590 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 538 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 234 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.