Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BUG REPORTS for new forum software [Thread Now Closed]
RE: Apnea Board now on new server with new software
Hi folks, I'll go ahead and merge the two bug reporting threads and put it all on the Main Forum.

I changed the post font color to plain black - let me know if that's better.

We hope to change the quote buttons soon, to work the way we had it in the old forum.  Just a bit down on the priority list until we get other things sorted out.

For right now, the reply button actually functions as a quote with reply button.  And the quote button is actually a multi-post quote function (where you click on it one time scroll down and click on another post, then hit NEW REPLY, and it inserts the quotes from both posts into your reply area).

If you want to reply in a thread without quoting a post, scroll down to the bottom of the thread and click on NEW REPLY (which replies without quoting).

Not very intuitive, but this stuff it's on my list of things to change at some point soon.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Please use pure black for text in messages. I am old and the contrast of the light grey chosen makes it hard for me to read the posts. I can change size in my browser but I can't change the text colour. Please consider the needs of us older folks. This should be easy to change quickly - just set the text colour in the CSS to #000. And this is a "best practice" for good web design.

Also, speaking of browser zooming, the site does not scale properly with text zooming. The header section expands and leaves vast areas of dark featureless grey on screen. This is probably caused by the use of pixel sizing in the CSS again. This is bad design practice and except for graphics everything should be scaled in percentages, em, or ex.

It looks real purty, but I need readability. Sorry to be so blunt.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

(01-21-2017, 05:24 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: >Please use pure black for text in messages. 

Fixed before I posted, thanks!
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

RE: BUG REPORTS for new forum software
Do you all need me to increase the default font size for posts?

I think it's currently 13 point font size...

Lemme know whacha think we oughtta do.   Thanks
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

I don't recall the admin having a report button on his posts.
There is one now. Perhaps an unintended feature?

And, BTW, the black font is muy perfecto.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Black font is much easier to read. Thanks!
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(01-21-2017, 05:57 PM)justMongo Wrote: I don't recall the admin having a report button on his posts.

Removed it.  Ah... Admins do have some privileges I guess.   oldman
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

This is now done:

Quote:1.   [RESOLVED]  Need to add path to the current thread (eg Apnea Board Forum / Staff Area / Private Files & Links ) at the bottom of the page (like it is at the top of each page).
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

very nice...thanks for all the hard work SS....The black font is beautiful, for my old eyes I could use a size up, but I can always zoom...
Thanks Thanks 

Storywizard
My pleasure (at least it is now, after most of the work is done).. but my 25-hour marathon coding session from Friday morning to Saturday morning wasn't all that pleasurable... Too-funny 

Also, I'm happy to report that our new server with the new 64-bit OS is running quite smoothly.  We should have less issues with forum responsiveness, hopefully.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 955 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,199 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,577 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 532 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 231 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.