Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BUG REPORTS for new forum software [Thread Now Closed]
RE: BUG REPORTS for new forum software
I don't know if you wish to consider this a bug. . . I've noticed that when I click on the "Go to the First Unread Post" arrow, the first unread post is partially obscured by the header that shows the Apnea Board bug, username, Logout, and UserCP.  You have to scroll up to start reading the post. No problems if you click on the title or page number. It appears that it is using the same initial xy point that the header is using to display the content and doesn't take into account the header height. This also happens when you post a reply.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Yeah, it's really at the bottom of threads that this path is useful. Thanks for the update, it looks great now.
(01-21-2017, 11:36 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I don't know if you wish to consider this a bug. . . I've noticed that when I click on the "Go to the First Unread Post" arrow, the first unread post is partially obscured by the header that shows the Apnea Board bug, username, Logout, and UserCP.  You have to scroll up to start reading the post. No problems if you click on the title or page number. It appears that it is using the same initial xy point that the header is using to display the content and doesn't take into account the header height. This also happens when you post a reply.

Yep, I have it listed as bug #4 in the first post of this thread:

Quote:4.  When clicking on the "Next Newest" link at the bottom of a thread (or other links that lead to the post ID [PID]), it loads the next newest post incorrectly, cutting off the top few lines in the post, so members must scroll down a bit to see the entire post.

Still working on it...   I've contacted the developer of our forum theme to enlist his help on this, since I'm not having much success. Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Don't know if this is a bug or not, and is not a high priority, as I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but.........

IPad issue:  After clicking on Today's Posts, the screen only shows the Thread Name & Author, everything else to the right (Forum Name, Replies, Views, & Last Post) are cut off from view......
unless I turn the IPad to a Horizontal view.  Then everything shows up.  Once I am done with Post, I again click on Today's Posts, and screen reverts back to showing only the Thread Name & Author, unable to see anything to the right.

It seems I have to keep turning my IPad from a Vertical to Horizontal position to select a post.   As stated, not a high priority and was wondering if other IPad users see this problem.

On prior software version, my IPad showed the same view (layout) as I see on my desktop.  

BTW, I have no problem on my PC.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
One more IPad issue....

When viewing my inbox, my messages seem to have disappeared. I only saved 5 messages after deleting many of them last year. Five "blank" lines show up in my inbox with no messages.
Again, I have no problem on my PC, all messages (PM's) show up ok.

Beginning to think there may be some setting on my IPad that needs changed, but not sure what.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
SuperSleeper ~ Thank you so much for fixing the font color and for all the hard work you've put into making this forum my favorite spot to read in the morning whilst I'm having my first cup of coffee. Smile
Thanks Opal... I'm still looking into whether these are a forum software bug, or something else.

I did confirm that on my Android phone, when using any type of search function (which is basically what the Today's Posts and New Posts links are), the results are displayed as the full thread link, not a link to a specific post.  And on my (relatively small) smartphone, even turning it horizontal mode doesn't allow me to see everything.

But on my small phone, it would be next to impossible to get everything on the screen I would think, unless the font size were reduced to an almost unreadable small size.

I'll go ahead and put this on our Bug List.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

(01-22-2017, 10:58 AM)GrammaBear Wrote: SuperSleeper ~ Thank you so much for fixing the font color and for all the hard work you've put into making this forum my favorite spot to read in the morning whilst I'm having my first cup of coffee.  Smile

My pleasure, GrammaBear.  I gotta get my own fix of Apnea Board in the morning too... that plus my coffee.   lots-o-coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

(01-22-2017, 09:47 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Don't know if this is a bug or not, and is not a high priority, as I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but.........

IPad issue:  After clicking on Today's Posts, the screen only shows the Thread Name & Author, everything else to the right (Forum Name, Replies, Views, & Last Post) are cut off from view......
unless I turn the IPad to a Horizontal view.  Then everything shows up.  Once I am done with Post, I again click on Today's Posts, and screen reverts back to showing only the Thread Name & Author, unable to see anything to the right.

It seems I have to keep turning my IPad from a Vertical to Horizontal position to select a post.   As stated, not a high priority and was wondering if other IPad users see this problem.

On prior software version, my IPad showed the same view (layout) as I see on my desktop.  

BTW, I have no problem on my PC.

I'm having the same results Rose is with my iPhone in both Firefox and Safari. The results are the same on both the mobile and desktop sites. The pages don't look cut off, so I think it may be how the mobile browsers are rendering the pages. I did notice that Firefox won't let me use gestures in either position while Safari will. It looks like safari will become my new default mobile browser for the forum.

(01-22-2017, 10:00 AM)OpalRose Wrote: One more IPad issue....

When viewing my inbox, my messages seem to have disappeared.  I only saved 5 messages after deleting many of them last year.  Five "blank" lines show up in my inbox with no messages.
Again, I have no problem on my PC, all messages (PM's) show up ok.

Beginning to think there may be some setting on my IPad that needs changed, but not sure what.

None of my saved private messages are showing up in either mobile browser either. There are just place holders there. They do show up in my desktop browser.

I did notice the menu in the User CP is not present in portrait mode, but it is in landscape. I really don't know if that is a change or not. I only view the site in landscape mode to keep line wrap down.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
(01-21-2017, 07:52 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: For those of you with mobile devices, does the forum look better or worse than it did with our old software?

Thinking-about

Supersleeper - thanks for taking the time to do this.  It wasn't a small undertaking.

As for mobile - I use an iPhone 7+ (large screen). Readability is higher for me on the new forum since the switch to black text.  I prefer the look of the new forum on my phone.  One issue I have noticed is the sizing of user names and avatars, and text down the left side.  It seems to not correctly size on mobile.  Your name is split over two lines, and avatars do not fit on screen entirely.  Not a big issue, but one to point out nonetheless.  

Keep up the good work!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 969 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,219 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,592 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 542 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 237 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.