Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BUG REPORTS for new forum software [Thread Now Closed]
RE: Apnea Board now on new server with new software
(01-21-2017, 10:07 AM)OpalRose Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 08:58 AM)Galactus Wrote: There's also a green dot next to my name that stalks me when I'm on line now lol.

Paranoia.  Dielaughing

Is it paranoia even if I know "they're" after me??  Big Grin

(01-21-2017, 09:40 AM)justMongo Wrote: I think the green dot indicates "online" status.

It's an on line alien stalker if you ask me sir!

So far it all looks nice, I just got back on, a tad harder to read as others have said, I must be getting old.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
RE: BUG REPORTS for new forum software
Our Theme developer has replied to me and he reports that he's going to provide updated code by Thursday or Friday to fix this issue:

Quote:4.  When clicking on the "Next Newest" link at the bottom of a thread (or other links that lead to the post ID [PID]), it loads the next newest post incorrectly, cutting off the top few lines in the post, so members must scroll up a bit to see the entire post.

If his updated code doesn't fix the issue, one option is that we can turn off the javascript that allows the header to shrink when we scroll down the page.  I'd rather not do that, because it's a nice feature, but if we have to, we will.

So, I apologize for the cutting off of posts and having to scroll up to see the entire post, but I'm hoping that issue will be resolved by this weekend.

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(01-23-2017, 06:52 AM)OpalRose Wrote: You are correct, doesn't work in portrait mode.  Doesn't work in landscape mode either unless I first start out in portrait mode, then turn IPad to landscape mode.  
Then when I go back to today's posts, landscape mode  cuts off information.  Have to turn it to Portrait, then back to landscape mode to see all.  

I may end up with carpel tunnel before long.   Thinking-about

Opal, I'm wondering how large your iPad screen is? 

On my relatively small Samsung Android tablet, my screen is slightly smaller than 4" x 6", and while I can't see the PMs in portrait mode, simply turning the device around to landscape mode makes the PMs appear immediately, with no settings changes at all.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this.  Do you do most of your forum staff stuff on your iPad or your PC?
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(01-23-2017, 09:03 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I think my comment regarding post position after editing was in error.  In th.e famous words of Rosanne Rosanadana, "Never mind'

Okay   That's good news.  Me like good news.   Big Grinnie
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

SuperSleeper,
IPad screen is aprox. 7x9".

I can see the PM's by turing to landscape mode, which is fine.

The problem is reading the threads and not being able to see anything but thread title and author until I turn screen to Landscape mode.  Then when I click on today's posts, the screen (while in landscape mode) reverts back to cutting off information, and places my bookmarks to the left of screen.  I have to turn to portrait mode, then back to landscape mode.  Have to do this for each thread I read.

While I'll be the first to admit that working off an Ipad is not all that user friendly, I didn't have this issue prior.  I was able to work in portrait or landscape mode.

I much prefer using my PC, but it's set up downstairs in the basement. Have been thinking of moving it upstairs, but wasn't very motivated to do so until now.   Smile

This too shall pass!   Coffee

UPDATE

I decided to google my IPad issue as I was thinking it wasn't a problem with the new forum server.  

Easy solution was to click on the bookmark icon that was taking up the left side of my screen and it went away, leaving me with a full screen of the forum as long as I work in landscape mode.  Now I don't have to keep switching from portrait to landscape.

Couldn't believe it was that easy.   Eat-popcorn

Thought you would like to know so please don't dwell on this as you have enough "bugs"  to work on.
 Okay
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
SuperSleeper, noticed that in the user profiles it's no longer displaying the "Mask Make & Model" information along with the "Comments" section.

Really appreciate all your hard work and dedication with the Apneaboard!  Thanks
Looks really good SS. Nice job.

Was there a font change as well as a color change though or is it just me? I find this text looks better, but it still seems harder on my eyes than the old text. Just my 2 cents.

Really a nice upgrade overall though, happy!
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
(01-23-2017, 02:28 PM)Cranberry Ray Wrote: SuperSleeper, noticed that in the user profiles it's no longer displaying the "Mask Make & Model" information along with the "Comments" section.

Wow, good catch, Ray.  Surprised no one else noticed that.  I fixed it, so they should be showing up now.   Smile
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

(01-23-2017, 02:13 PM)OpalRose Wrote: UPDATE

I decided to google my IPad issue as I was thinking it wasn't a problem with the new forum server.  

Easy solution was to click on the bookmark icon that was taking up the left side of my screen and it went away, leaving me with a full screen of the forum as long as I work in landscape mode.  Now I don't have to keep switching from portrait to landscape.

Couldn't believe it was that easy.   Eat-popcorn

Thought you would like to know so please don't dwell on this as you have enough "bugs"  to work on.
 Okay

Thanks Opal... given that some of these problems on mobile devices can be resolved by doing what you've suggested above, I'll mark those bugs as "resolved", but with an asterisk, noting that we may have further solutions for these types of mobile device issues.

Thanks for the help!   Wave
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

(01-23-2017, 05:30 PM)Galactus Wrote: Was there a font change as well as a color change though or is it just me? I find this text looks better, but it still seems harder on my eyes than the old text.

Howdy Galactus,

I think there was a font change... I'd have to go digging in the old css files to figure out what the old font was and compare it to our new one.

How does everyone feel about the current font - would you all prefer we change it back to the way it was on the old forum software?  Or leave as-is?

Inquiring minds want to know... Eat-popcorn
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,067 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 960 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,209 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,585 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 538 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 234 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.