Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BUG REPORTS for new forum software [Thread Now Closed]
RE: BUG REPORTS for new forum software
(01-23-2017, 11:16 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 05:30 PM)Galactus Wrote: Was there a font change as well as a color change though or is it just me? I find this text looks better, but it still seems harder on my eyes than the old text.

Howdy Galactus,

I think there was a font change... I'd have to go digging in the old css files to figure out what the old font was and compare it to our new one.

How does everyone feel about the current font - would you all prefer we change it back to the way it was on the old forum software?  Or leave as-is?

Inquiring minds want to know... Eat-popcorn

Hi SS, I like the font, but this font seems thinner than the old font, which for me just makes it harder to read. Almost like the difference maybe between Arial and Verdana, though I'm not certain.

(Top line is Arial, below is Verdana, if it helps anyone else);

Hi SS, I like the font, but this font seems thinner than the old font, which for me just makes it harder to read. Almost like the difference maybe between Arial and Verdana, though I'm not certain.

Also, I just noticed in the posts there is no longer an undo, so if you try to do a cut and paste and mess it up you can no longer undo.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
A study several years back found that a sheriff style font is easier for the human eye to read. A sans sheriff font had a better overall eye appeal for layout and presentation. This knowledge and a couple of dollars will get you a cup of coffee.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(01-23-2017, 11:58 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: A study several years back found that a sheriff style font is easier for the human eye to read. A sans sheriff font had a better overall eye appeal for layout and presentation. This knowledge and a couple of dollars will get you a cup of coffee.

I think you mean serif and sans serif, and that means there's a new sheriff in the font business.  But I think I know what you mean  Dont-know
Galactus,

You should be able to edit your post for a certain period of time (edit button at the bottom of your post).  If you want to get rid of any messed up formatting, when you're editing a post, at the top there's some formatting buttons.  The last one on the right will show you the underlying MyBB code and then you can delete stuff there if you wish, then click the button again to see what it will look like.

Not sure if that helps or not... Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(01-24-2017, 12:26 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Galactus,

You should be able to edit your post for a certain period of time (edit button at the bottom of your post).  If you want to get rid of any messed up formatting, when you're editing a post, at the top there's some formatting buttons.  The last one on the right will show you the underlying MyBB code and then you can delete stuff there if you wish, then click the button again to see what it will look like.

Not sure if that helps or not... Thinking-about

Hi SS, You know how there used to be an undo in the form of a left arrow, and a redo in the form of a right arrow when you clicked on reply? Now it starts with B I U. I just wondered what happened to the undo.  My Ctrl key has decided to stick these days so when I do a copy every now and again all I get is "c", normally I can just undo without losing anything but now I can't. I'll be replacing the keyboard of course, but that undo was nice to have. Maybe that explains it better?
(01-24-2017, 12:08 AM)Galactus Wrote: I think you mean serif and sans serif, and that means there's a new sheriff in the font business.  But I think I know what you mean  Dont-know

You are correct sir! I relied to heavily on spell check. If's so funny I'm not going to edit it. . . .I kill myself! Dielaughing
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

(01-24-2017, 12:42 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 12:08 AM)Galactus Wrote: I think you mean serif and sans serif, and that means there's a new sheriff in the font business.  But I think I know what you mean  Dont-know

You are correct sir!  I relied to heavily on spell check.  If's so funny I'm not going to edit it. . . .I kill myself!  Dielaughing

It's ok, I still love you  Grouphug3 I'll even spend a few $$$ and get you some  lots-o-coffee It's awesome we can have some fun!
(01-24-2017, 12:39 AM)Galactus Wrote: Hi SS, You know how there used to be an undo in the form of a left arrow, and a redo in the form of a right arrow when you clicked on reply? Now it starts with B I U. I just wondered what happened to the undo. 

Huh, I never used or noticed any "undo" function on the old system.  I'll have to check this out and get back to you.  Thanks!   Smile
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

old font please!
The default forum post font has been changed from tahoma back to our old font of verdana.

You might have to clear your browser cache to see it.

Let me know if that's better or worse.

For my own reference, changed global.css:

Code:
table {
    color: #000;
    font-size: 13px;
    font-family: verdana,sans-serif,arial; }
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 969 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,219 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,590 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 542 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 237 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.