Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BUG REPORTS for new forum software [Thread Now Closed]
RE: BUG REPORTS for new forum software
Thanks SS. I'll just take a drink every time it does it until it looks normal or I don't care.  Okay
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I've never used the Next Newest button before; but it seems act as "Red" says.
I popped into a thread about centrals where Sleeprider had posted the first unread.
When I hit next newest, it took me to Sleepider's post in a different thread.

Actually it seems to follow the order of posts without respect to user.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
justMongo Wrote:I popped into a thread about centrals where Sleeprider had posted the first unread.
When I hit next newest, it took me to Sleepider's post in a different thread.

I'm not sure, but I think that's because (by coincidence), Sleeprider's post was the next newest post in that different thread.   He's an active poster, so the odds were pretty good that his would be the next new post.   Grin

(02-01-2017, 06:24 PM)justMongo Wrote: Actually it seems to follow the order of posts without respect to user.

Yep, that's what happened when I tested it too, which is the way it's supposed to work.

(02-01-2017, 05:22 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Thanks SS. I'll just take a drink every time it does it until it looks normal or I don't care.  Okay
Well, at least you'll stay hydrated that way.  Er.. oh.. you didn't mean a drink of water, did you?..   Oops
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

SluperSever,
I've figured it out. The Next Oldest will work but will remain in the forum that you're currently viewing when you select this option.

I started out with the newest post that happened to be in the Main forum. It progressed to the next oldest correctly until it encountered the next post which was in the Off Topic Forum,which it jumped over. The next was a post in the Advisory Member forum, it jumped this post as well and went to the next post in the Main forum.  

To prove this I tried going to a post in the Software forum and selected the next oldest and it jumped to the next oldest in the Software forum not the next oldest post.

I'm not completely crazy.  .  .  Just a couple of bubbles out of plumb.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Was this feature on the old server?  Not remembering, or I just never used it.

Here's the reason I'm not a fan:  While using this feature, it does take you to next oldest/newest
post, but you cannot tell what thread you are in, unless you happen to end up at the top of a page, and can see thread title.  

I like to see the thread titles, before I read or respond.  Am I crazy in thinking that the old server showed the thread title above each post???   Crazy I think I'd rather use the Today's post or New Post button, this way I can see thread titles.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I use Firefox and the tab at the top lists the thread name. This may be one of those "only with this browser" type of thing.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

I just tried to access, my command center, and discovered that, I no longer have a link, that I can find anywhere. This is the first bug I've noticed, since the change. I tried restarting the browser, to no avail.

Windows 7 Ultimate, I.E. 11
(02-02-2017, 01:38 PM)Hockenberry Wrote: I just tried to access, my command center, and discovered that, I no longer have a link, that I can find anywhere. This is the first bug I've noticed, since the change. I tried restarting the browser, to no avail.

Upper right. UserCP next to Logout.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
(02-02-2017, 01:46 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 01:38 PM)Hockenberry Wrote: I just tried to access, my command center, and discovered that, I no longer have a link, that I can find anywhere. This is the first bug I've noticed, since the change. I tried restarting the browser, to no avail.

Upper right. UserCP next to Logout.

Thanks for pointing that out, when I looked, to see if I had indeed missed it, I realized, I don't have a "log out" either!
Hockenberry,
Try clearing your cache to see if that is the bad boy.
Here is a link to help: How to clear your cache
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,062 Yesterday, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 527 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 811 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 359,172 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger
  [Treatment] Valtor Therapy Thread - from Autoset to Vauto Valtor 50 1,361 04-12-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 114 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 34 2,758 04-08-2024, 03:26 PM
Last Post: IanD

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.