Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BUG REPORTS for new forum software [Thread Now Closed]
RE: BUG REPORTS for new forum software
(02-04-2017, 02:03 AM)srlevine1 Wrote: My email notifications include the line "You have received a new private message on Apnea Board Forum from MyBB Engine:" which I suggest deleting from the template when the response is not a private message, but is a normal thread response.

------------------------------------------
srlevine1,

xxxx has just replied to a thread which you have subscribed to. This thread is titled Confused about sleep study results.

Hmm... I've tested both the PM and Thread Subscription notification emails and I can't duplicate this.  Both the PM notification email and the Thread subscription email looked fine to me.  It did take about 5-10 minutes to get the email, but that's pretty normal.

Maybe I'm not understanding you properly - are you saying that when you get a thread subscription email notification, it says something about "receiving a new private message"?

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

There isn't a way to subscribe to a forum anymore, is there? That would be the only way to be notified of a new thread vs a new post in a thread.

Scratch that. The way he has it worded, it is a new post alert in a thread.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

(02-04-2017, 01:49 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: There isn't a way to subscribe to a forum anymore, is there?

That's correct - forum subscriptions are turned off.  If you subscribed to a the Main forum (for instance) you'd be getting an email every single day.  Too many people did that in the past and it 1) was annoying to a number of people, because they didn't understand how the subscription system worked and 2) it was a drain on server resources with too many emails going out, with many email systems marking the email as "spam" because of the sheer number of emails being sent.

So, the only subscriptions that work are thread subscriptions.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(02-03-2017, 10:52 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: My mouse wheel scrolls up and down just fine. 

Is this a similar issue you had before -- with your browser being zoomed in too far perhaps?

Also, make sure you haven't disabled your mouse's wheel-scrolling function.  It is possible to turn that off.
On this site, before the change, and just after the change, and most other sites, when I zoom in, I get a scroll bar (don't know what else to call it) across the bottom of the page, like the one on the right hand side of this page. I push the wheel of my mouse, left or right, to scroll horizontally. I was so used to doing it, I didn't realize what happened, and started whining a bout a bug, I don't lose any of the forum posts, at all, and I can log out now, if I want, so I'm fine!
Okay, Hockenberry, glad it's not something that affects you in a huge way, at least.

The only thing I can think of that we changed in the forum was the scrolling header that was turned off. Maybe that caused your issue, I'm not sure.

Anyway, thanks for letting me know and if something comes to mind about this, I'll see what I can do.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Our theme developer has come up with a fix for this issue:

Quote:9.  [RESOLVED*] On some mobile devices, when looking at Private Messages (PMs), there seems to be a placeholder for each PM, but the PMs themselves are missing.  On some mobile devices, the problem can be resolved by simply turning the device in horizontal (landscape) mode.

If you all with mobile devices get a chance, please see if your PMs are showing up now.  He's changed the template to a responsive template so they should scale for any mobile device now.

I did notice on my smartphone, at a bare minimum, you should be able to see all your PMs, but in verticle (portrait) mode, there's not enough screen space to show the directory tree on the left of the PMs.  You have to go to horizontal (landscape) mode to see that tree.

Please report back any issues you're having or if it's good for you now.

Still working on the search results display (to make it responsive) for mobile devices.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

It works as described on iOS 10.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
A suggestion more than anything else. On the top of the screen for private messages (next to the envelope) is there anyway we can use the color to see if there is mail or not? Right know I see a reddish-orange square with an extremely small 0 in it which is very hard to read (with or without glasses or magnifier). Any way we can improve the visibility of that? Could be something as simple as no color with no new mail, and then a color with new mail. Just a thought.

Homer
SuperSleeper,
PM's show up ok on IPad if used in Horizontal Mode.
Thanks.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Okay, our theme developer has made an update to our search template, so I'm hoping that this issue is a bit better for mobile devices:

Quote:8.  [RESOLVED*] On some smaller mobile devices, when viewing results of a search (and also clicking on the Today's Posts and New Posts links), only threads are displayed, and not the links to new individual posts that are normally to the right of the list of threads.  Using mobile device in horizontal (landscape) mode seems to help on some mobile devices.
*{not entirely resolved, but this can possibly be solved on the member's mobile device, see this post.  If we have other solutions, they will be posted here}

For those of you with mobile devices, please report back if anything on the forum is unusable on your mobile device.

I think we've done about as much tweaking as we can do on the PM & search display issues.  At some point, (especially on smaller smartphones), there's only so much screen space available to display what a desktop PC normally displays.  The revisions should make the search function at least somewhat usable and more responsive for mobile device users, but it will have some limited display issues.

In any case, as Opal pointed out above, if you're having display issues on a mobile device, it's best to try and use the device in horizontal (landscape) mode if you want to see what's normally available on a desktop screen.

Please let me know if you're having any problems with either search, or the PM display issues.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,058 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,261 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 950 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,194 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,572 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 519 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 230 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.