Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BUG REPORTS for new forum software [Thread Now Closed]
RE: BUG REPORTS for new forum software
(02-06-2017, 04:00 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: A suggestion more than anything else. On the top of the screen for private messages (next to the envelope) is there anyway we can use the color to see if there is mail or not? Right know I see a reddish-orange square with an extremely small 0 in it which is very hard to read (with or without glasses or magnifier). Any way we can improve the visibility of that? Could be something as simple as no color with no new mail, and then a color with new mail. Just a thought.

Homer

Homer... still working on this one - just having trouble pinning it down on how to change it.  Thanks for your patience.  Hope to get this done sometime this week.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

(02-07-2017, 08:55 AM)Homerec130 Wrote: A suggestion more than anything else. On the top of the screen for private messages (next to the envelope) is there anyway we can use the color to see if there is mail or not? Right know I see a reddish-orange square with an extremely small 0 in it which is very hard to read (with or without glasses or magnifier). Any way we can improve the visibility of that? Could be something as simple as no color with no new mail, and then a color with new mail. Just a thought.

Hi Homer, I messed with the code for quite a while.  I'm hoping it's improved now.  I basically ended up changing the color to a light yellow and increase the font size of the number that indicates unread PMs.  Can't figure out how to change the color itself based upon read or unread PMs.

Hoping that for now, this is a bit more readable.  Let me know if it's any better (or not).

Smile
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

I think we're still having issues when viewing the forum on smartphones.  Not sure if this is due to the recent updates from our theme developer or not.  I've posted a note asking him about it.

It looks to me like everything is fine if you're not logged in... but when you log into your account, the scaling of the forum to fit into your screen doesn't work properly.  Log out, and it goes back to properly working again.

Can someone else confirm or deny this issue on your smartphone?

Help
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

(02-07-2017, 04:31 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: I think we're still having issues when viewing the forum on smartphones.  Not sure if this is due to the recent updates from our theme developer or not.  I've posted a note asking him about it.

It looks to me like everything is fine if you're not logged in... but when you log into your account, the scaling of the forum to fit into your screen doesn't work properly.  Log out, and it goes back to properly working again.

Can someone else confirm or deny this issue on your smartphone?

Help
hi there...
yes, site works perfectly when not logged in on iPhone, when I log in on iPhone, it does not scale down....

Storywizard
Thanks for confirming this, storywizard.

Our theme developer is taking a look at the code to see if it's something in the theme or something I changed, or what exactly.

I'm wondering if this behavior existed before today? 

Do you know if it wasn't scaling properly when you're logged in in the past, or is this a new bug?
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

(02-08-2017, 12:22 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Thanks for confirming this, storywizard.

Our theme developer is taking a look at the code to see if it's something in the theme or something I changed, or what exactly.

I'm wondering if this behavior existed before today? 

Do you know if it wasn't scaling properly when you're logged in in the past, or is this a new bug?

This is a new bug - as of approximate 1-2 days ago.  I primarily use my iPhone to visit the forum and it just started.
Okay, I think I fixed the bug.  I caused it when I was trying to make the unread PMs number more visible (upper right, after your username when you're logged in)

If someone on a smartphone can confirm this for me, please check to see that the forum scales properly to fit your screen, both

1.  When you're logged out on your smartphone (or other mobile device)

AND

2.  When you're logged in on your smartphone (or other mobile device)

Thanks for the help folks!

Grin
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Looks fine to me on the iPhone 7 and chrome.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Thanks Sleeprider, I'll go ahead and mark this one as resolved, unless someone notices any further issues.

Happy Eyes
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Well, I think we're nearing the end of this bug-testing thread.

I'll keep it open for another week (until roughly Wed Feb 15, 2017) just in case anyone has further issues that need to be addressed.

If there's something I've forgotten, please forgive me, and please re-post any unresolved issues here as a reminder to me.  (I'm getting old and forgetful).

Thanks to ALL who helped iron out the bugs in this new software.  Your assistance was exceptional.   Coffee 

I-love-Apnea-Board
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,084 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 968 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,219 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,590 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 542 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 237 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.