Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

BUG REPORTS for new forum software [Thread Now Closed]
RE: BUG REPORTS for new forum software
(02-07-2017, 04:26 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(02-07-2017, 08:55 AM)Homerec130 Wrote: A suggestion more than anything else. On the top of the screen for private messages (next to the envelope) is there anyway we can use the color to see if there is mail or not? Right know I see a reddish-orange square with an extremely small 0 in it which is very hard to read (with or without glasses or magnifier). Any way we can improve the visibility of that? Could be something as simple as no color with no new mail, and then a color with new mail. Just a thought.

Hi Homer, I messed with the code for quite a while.  I'm hoping it's improved now.  I basically ended up changing the color to a light yellow and increase the font size of the number that indicates unread PMs.  Can't figure out how to change the color itself based upon read or unread PMs.

Hoping that for now, this is a bit more readable.  Let me know if it's any better (or not).

Smile
Your change is perfect. I can tell if there are any messages or not. Now that I can read it, don't really need the color change to tell me if there are new messages.

Many thanx.
OK, before you close this thread... In the Product Review Forums, the Forum Jump at the bottom defaults to 'Private Messages'.
Also when you have read all the messages and want to jump to a different forum, the messages to read indicator isn't cleared unless you go back to the already read forum, and then jump somewhere else.

Clear as mud, I know, but the best I can do right now.

Also, only a minor annoyance; still, maybe it's an easy fix.
Hi pholynyk,

Those two issues (unfortunately) are bugs that I've been aware of for quite some time.  The forum jump thing default jump location doesn't work properly when you're in a sub-forum (like one of the three Product Review Forums here).  Works okay everywhere else.  This issue also existed and remain unresolved in our old software.

Regarding the software occasionally failing to "mark" a forum as read properly (until you go somewhere else and then come back to that forum) is an ongoing issue that even the software gurus haven't solved yet with any degree of reliability (both in the old software and this new package).  You would think that it's a relatively easy thing, but apparently not.  The solutions that are so far offered result in a marked decrease in performance with multiple database queries that make the solution actually worse than the problem it was intended to solve (unintended consequences).

So, what I'm saying is I think we're stuck for the time being with these two "issues".

Wish I could fix it.  Apology-2
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Well, it is only a minor annoyance, and I seem to have adapted to it...

No biggy
What do I need to do to terminate a link. When I insert a link I can't get rid of the underline. The underline button is unresponsive until I get out of the post I put the link in.

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Payton, you can use the source code button to see (and edit) the underlying MyBB code of your post.  When you're writing a post, use the full editor option (so you can see all the edit buttons above your post).  The "View Source" button is the last one on the far right.  Click it, and you'll be able to see the underlying code to remove any weird stuff.

Is that what you need, or did I misunderstand?

This new forum software defaults to the WYSIWYG editor-- something we didn't have on our old software.

The old software showed all the MyBB codes while you were editing a post, not a WYSIWYG environment.
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Howdy folks,

I'll be removing this bug report thread on Wednesday, Feb 15th, so if you have any bugs or other issues with the software that haven't been addressed in this thread, please post it now.

Also, we will be doing the last step of upgrading our Main web page(s), probably within the next week or two, so we'll have a new look and a more mobile-friendly front page to ApneaBoard.com.

Those main web pages probably won't have any down-time, other than perhaps a 5 minute period when we make the switch.  It will have no affect whatsoever on the forums - they will remain online all the time.

When the switch is made, I'll start another post so you all can check it out, and if you have the time, report back with any issues or bugs, and whether it looks and functions okay on any mobile devices you have.

Thanks for your help in all this. 

Thanks
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

This thread will be closed tomorrow (Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2017). 

If you have any bugs or issues with the new forum software after that, please send me a Private Message (PM).

Thanks.  Smile

Feb 15th edit:

~ THREAD NOW CLOSED TO NEW REPLIES ~
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,060 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,262 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 955 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,199 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 71 2,577 03-21-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  brainfoggysleeper's Therapy Thread brainfoggysleeper 23 532 03-21-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 5 231 03-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.