Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Back On The Machine
Back On The Machine
Had a visit with sleep doc today, we agreed that my symptoms are still the same, fatigue, low energy...so, trying the machine again.
A Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset this time, I need to check what the difference is on the three models.

I have to say I am almost excited to try this, as I have better sleep now, there is a good chance it might work this time..

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Back On The Machine
Hi storywizard,
Good to haveya back, and I hope things go better for you with the new machine, much success to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome back! Hopefully you have great results!
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2015, 06:41 PM)storywizard Wrote: Had a visit with sleep doc today, we agreed that my symptoms are still the same, fatigue, low energy...so, trying the machine again.
A Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset this time, I need to check what the difference is on the three models.

I have to say I am almost excited to try this, as I have better sleep now, there is a good chance it might work this time..

Storywizard

Hi Storywizard,
Was reading through some of your prior posts and the thing that stands out is that you experienced a lot of Centrals, and yet you are on an AutoSet machine.
Wouldn't you be better treated with a BIPAP machine?

Not sure how it works where you are from, do they make you try the basic machine, then an Auto even though you have a lot of Centrals?

Anyway, glad your giving it another chance. Best of Luck! Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there...

for whatever reason the docs here deny I am having centrals, and on the overnight sleep study I had last fall they did not find any...

I am due for a titration study with machine, in 4 months...I have a new sleep doc who at least listens a little to my story...lol

Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2015, 08:49 PM)storywizard Wrote: Hi there...

for whatever reason the docs here deny I am having centrals, and on the overnight sleep study I had last fall they did not find any...

I am due for a titration study with machine, in 4 months...I have a new sleep doc who at least listens a little to my story...lol

Storywizard

Ok, good to hear. Hope it goes better this time around.
It looks like you have a good machine and mask. Keep in touch.
Sleep-well

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Luck with your Therapy and welcome back
Post Reply Post Reply
If you did not have centrals on your sleep studies, then maybe the ones you had during your therapy previously were pressure induced. Those can subside after some time, and people who are sensitive to changing pressures can help themselves by narrowing or eliminating the range and settling on an even pressure with little or no EPR. Since you are getting an autoset, try it out for a bit on the recommended settings and get your sleepyhead on so you can see what it looks like in the computer. Smile

I hope it works better this time!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Four months will give you a great data set for evaluation! I love my Autoset and now the pillows too (after I got the right size). For the other settings, I like 3 EPR and no ramp.
Stay with it, download speepyhead software, and show us your numbers next week! Don't stress about the nightly AHIs. Just see what your stats show over a longer period.

You may need some time to get used to it. So relax and have a good sleep!

Post Reply Post Reply
This is complex sleep apnea, and changing the brand of auto CPAP machine will not change the outcome. What the heck is it in Canada you can't get a proper trial on CPAP to show the problem, move you to BiPAP ASV and finally get you on some effective therapy? You should be mad as hell.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,958 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 517 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 930 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 398 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 293 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 541 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Trouble Breathing, take off mask and put back on, then no trouble? mogulman 0 234 02-13-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: mogulman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.